Although we are a charity we offer a generous package:
- Salary of £37,128-£39,292 per annum depending on experience
- Employer Pension Contribution of 7.5% with matching Employee contribution of 5%
- 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
- Life insurance of 3 x salary (until age 70)
- 2 months full occupational sick pay, 1 month half pay before statutory sick pay
- Access to appropriate professional bodies and payment of membership fees after 6 months of employment
- Learning and Development fully funded opportunities to support you in your role
Royal Star & Garter was founded in 1916 to care for the severely injured young men returning from the battlegrounds of the First World War. Today, our mission is to provide an outstanding range of quality care and therapies to veterans and their partners living with disability or dementia.
Following a review of the support we offer for residents, we are looking for an outstanding Physiotherapist to join our team. Working collaboratively with the Physiotherapists on our other two sites, and with the support of our care team, the successful candidate will deliver and oversee targeted, goals-based interventions to support the well-being of the amazing veterans we care for (including the more complex needs of our young veterans.)
This is a role that will suit a Physiotherapist who is driven, motivated and has the ability to lead by example.
Main duties of the job
- To deliver a person-centred approach which enables and promotes independence and supports positive quality of life
- To provide direct physiotherapy input to residents.
- To provide comprehensive assessment of residents, using an individualised goal setting and holistic approach to demonstrate outcomes
- Train and empower the staff team to deliver physiotherapy interventions identified in the individualised care plan
- Enable and support residents to maximise their physical potential through rehabilitation and enablement
- Share knowledge, experience and best practice throughout the team, including but not limited to moving and handling training
- To be a Falls Champion for the allocated Home and support the Home Manager with Root Cause Analysis investigations as required
- Oversee the management and servicing of mobility equipment
- To be proactive in risk assessing residents for moving and handling and hoisting procedures.
- Support regulatory compliance, in accordance with Royal Star & Garter policies, appropriate legislation and guidance stipulated by regulatory bodies
- To ensure within the scope of your role that you promote health and safety and comply with the requirements set out in the Home’s Health & Safety Policy and comply with guidelines for moving and handling residents
- Provide cross-site cover for the other Homes when required
- To undertake such other duties as may be required and which are consistent with the nature of this post
Candidate pack - Physio Surbiton.pdf
How to apply
To apply for this role please attach your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification and what you will bring to our team.