- Hours can be flexible and will be discussed on appointment
- Lots of opportunity to get involved in projects enabling professional development, both within the Bristol clinic and across the wider Bupa network
- Close working with MSK physicians, podiatrist & sports massage therapist
- Regional CPD programme involving regular calls and face to face in-service training sessions
- CPD budget for relevant courses
- Yearly national Bupa MSK conference
- Regular social events, team building events and charity fundraiser
Full time/Part Time
1 year fixed term (maternity cover)
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
What you'll be doing
In this role, you should refer to direction indicated by the National MSK Therapy Lead to influence the day to day operations within the delivery sites to ensure operational efficiency and profitability. You will deliver “best practice” care to a wide variety of corporate and personal clients following Bupa clinical governance, MSK care pathways and all necessary professional codes of conduct. Best practice represents the most modern, professional and appropriate approach to the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. You must ensure you are familiar with the Quality and MSK drives to enable you to adhere to these policies at all times. You will also actively engage in the annual clinical appraisal process, collecting feedback and ensuring all necessary documents are ready for the appraiser to review and act on any feedback given. You’ll work within a multidisciplinary MSK team, cultivating professional relationships and helping to develop and enhance the team approach and be needed to liaise with other members of the MSK team to ensure best practice particularly where the diagnosis is in doubt and/or the patient is not responding to MSK therapy treatment in the expected fashion. You will also comply with Quality Audits/ISO requirements and procedures for Clinical Waste/Sharps disposal & Infection Control and be expected to make recommendations for solutions to business needs without continual input from the line manager.
What’s a typical day?
A typical day will require you to deliver outstanding professional and customer service standards and proactively contribute ideas to the MSK Therapy Centre Team Leader for continuous improvement and promote Bupa positively and proactively to employees, corporate clients and customers, developing effective working relationships with clients and the wider on-site team. You’ll need to have an understanding of overall Bupa and MSK financial targets and proactively offer strategies and support to achieve these. You will attend MSK Therapy team meetings, contributing to the agenda and overall discussion and also attend MDT meetings, prepare updates on relevant patients and contribute to discussion. You’ll be required to raise the profile of Bupa and specifically Bupa MSK amongst the local musculoskeletal and GP community, networking with GPs, specialists and other relevant contacts in line with Bupa care pathways, including involvement in promotional events and also work with the Health Content team to promote MSK related content.
Who we’re looking for?
- Practicing member of the HCPC (Physiotherapists and Podiatrists) and regulatory body/ professional association.
- Post-graduate working experience in musculoskeletal medicine is desired but not essential
- Post-graduate qualifications preferential e.g. appropriate MSc, MACP
- Significant experience working within a multi-disciplinary team environment is desired but not essential
- Experience treating private patients is desired but not essential
- Experience with sports injuries
- Experience with Occupational Health preferential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Interest in continuing development – professional & business
- IT skills including proficient on Microsoft Office systems.
- Excellent customer service skills and an understanding of the drivers of service excellence
What’s it like to work here?
As you’ll already know, we want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you’d like to learn more, please visit www.bupa.com
How to apply
Please click though the link to our website and complete our online application process.