For just some of our Sue Ryder Benefits see below:
• Continuation of NHS pension
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays pro rata
• Option to buy and sell holiday up to five days
• Private pension matched at either 3% or 5%
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• Refer a friend scheme
• Carers leave policy
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods at the online shop
• Development opportunities for all
Highly Specialist Physiotherapist -
£29,000 to £32,000 pro rata – Ipswich, Suffolk
Sue Ryder’s ‘The Chantry’ Ipswich, are looking to for a dedicated Highly Specialist Physiotherapist (NHS Band 6) for our small but dynamic Level 2 Neurological Rehabilitation service.
We will consider applicants for both Full-time or Part-time working hours, 08.30 – 16.30, no weekends and no on call.
This exciting and dynamic role will place you within a team working closely with patients, Health and social care professionals, as we grow and develop the service from 3 to 6 beds with the aim of delivering outstanding care and outcomes.
As Physiotherapist you will be:
- Working as part of the interdisciplinary team formulate and deliver an individual physiotherapy programme for defined short stay and slow stream rehabilitation clients and longer stay residents at The Chantry and to attend IDT meetings
- Formulating problem lists and goals from a range of treatment options to achieve the patient’s personal goals and develop comprehensive discharge plans. To evaluate patient progress, re-assessing and altering treatment programmes as appropriate
- Working with the other staff within the level 2 rehabilitation setting as an interdisciplinary team to plan to deliver the chosen treatment options, this includes attending IDT meetings
- Providing information, based on professional judgements and experience to Rehabilitation clients families, carers
- Maintaining client records and providing written assessments as required
- Providing assessment and treatment to our long stay residents with a variety of neurological conditions, working very closely with our dedicated team of physiotherapy technicians and assistants
- Acting as a point of support / mentor to junior and untrained staff
The successful Physiotherapist candidate will demonstrate:
- Specialist knowledge and application of neuro physiotherapy assessments and interventions using complex level clinical reasoning
- Experience of evidence based practice and outcome measures
- Motivational skills and goal setting for personalised care
- An ability to work autonomously and to set own and others’ priorities
- An ability to confidently assess and manage risk in relation to therapist/therapy service performance
- Excellent advanced communication skills
- You will hold Registration with the Health Care Professions Council, membership of CSP and evidence of relevant postgraduate courses/CPD.
The successful candidate will be supervised by and report to the Clinical Specialist Neurological Physiotherapists.
The Chantry has a professional MDT that is passionate about delivering outstanding patient centred outcomes for our clients who are placed with us for 12 – 24 week rehabilitation programmes.
Our rehabilitation unit sits within ‘The Chantry’ a grade 2 listed building housing our specialist neurological care services set within beautiful parkland. The environment and surroundings we hope are both therapeutic for our clients and a lovely place for our staff to work.
How to apply
For an informal discussion, please contact Jo Marshall Centre Director Tel (01473) 295200
Alternatively visit https://careers.sueryder.org/SueRyder/Home for all our vacancies.