In return we offer the successful candidate
- Competitive pay, dependent on experience and enhancements for working unsocial hours.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Uniform provided
- Free on-site parking
- Staff benefits, including private medical Insurance and life assurance
Tees Valley Hospital | Graduate Physiotherapist | Full time | £27,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Tees Valley Hospital!
We are looking to recruit to the position of Physiotherapist to join our Physiotherapy team. This role would suit a newly qualified Physiotherapist keen to develop experience and skills in Orthopaedic and MSK Physiotherapy. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with enthusiasm for learning and developing your own skills and our services to support and optimise the recovery of our clients.
The Physiotherapy team is committed to the delivery and demonstration of high standards of patient care and customer service. At Tees Valley Hospital we treat NHS and private patients. Our team prides itself on being highly motivated, autonomous, flexible, excellent communicators and team-workers. The Physiotherapy team have a commitment to provide high standards of care and customer service to our patients whilst maintaining high levels of patient satisfaction at every contact.
Your duties will include
- Delivering high quality physiotherapy care in a hospital setting; including the assessment, treatment, planning and development of physiotherapy treatment programmes, progressing and regressing treatment using own clinical knowledge and justification
- Use sound rationale to solve problems and treat, sometimes moderately complex, patients within scope of practice without overcomplicating matters
- Sound ability to use dynamic risk assessment and manual handling skills to ensure patient and environmental safety during treatment plans
- Effective planning and prioritisation of patients to ensure timely safe discharge from the ward
- Providing patient education and advice at all stages throughout the patient journey.
- Manage your own case load in inpatients/outpatients as applicable, time management skills, input sessional charges via computer, book patient appointments and fully utilise own computer diary.
- To act in a professional manner at all times respecting privacy, dignity and confidentiality
- High regard and implementation of health and safety procedures regarding patients, colleagues and the environment at all times, including infection control procedures
- Excellent communication, customer care and customer service skills.
- A commitment to CPD, mandatory training and e-learning
- A good standard of IT literacy and willingness learn new information technology as required
- An active involvement in the day to day running of the department
- Working effectively and independently as part of the Physiotherapy team and the wider multi-disciplinary team
The ideal candidate MUST have
- BSc Honours degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC and CSP registration
- Evidence of CPD from university placements
- Highly organised and demonstrate the ability to work confidently and effectively both in a team and independently.
- Have an understanding of the CSP standards of practice and HCPC standards and how they relate to individual practice.
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Tees Valley Hospital is committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.(if relevant to the position)
The Tees Valley Hospital is committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.