Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
About the Facility
The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. We're the UK's largest private children's hospital with over 46 paediatric beds including a 10-bed intensive care unit, a neonatal intensive care unit, and a day case unit. Caring for over 40,000 children a year, we provide treatment for everything from general paediatric conditions to complex craniofacial reconstruction. We have over 175 paediatric consultants available to treat children from new-born up to the age of 18.
As the only fully private maternity hospital in the UK, delivering over 1,600 babies a year, we place great importance on providing safe and high quality care for expectant mothers. Both consultant-led and midwife-led maternity care is available, and our aim is to provide you with all the support you need during pregnancy, childbirth and beyond. Women’s health issues are treated by a team of 40 consultants, supported by nurses, physiotherapists and counsellors, with an emphasis on privacy and dignity.
As Clinical Lead Physiotherapist you will ensure that a professional and high quality physiotherapist service is delivered to the children and their families within our inpatient and outpatient service, acting as a resource for staff and HCA with regards to highly specialised paediatric physiotherapy and work with the Therapy Services Manager to develop the service and promote to all stakeholders.
You will provide a specialist physiotherapy assessment and interventions to your own caseload of children with complex needs and responsibility for the clinical development of staff and the growth and development of the service appropriate to the needs of the hospital.
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week.
- Autonomously manage a complex caseload of approximately 30-50% billable units per day
- Undertake specialist physiotherapy assessment of clients with complex needs, e.g. multiple co-morbidities, acute and chronic conditions, combined physical & cognitive impairment or delay, social and/or behavioural difficulties
- Formulate and provide a broad range of specialist treatment programs and interventions to a diverse and highly complex paediatric caseload
- Support the Therapy Services Manager in overseeing the organisation and management of the therapy team
- Responsible for clinical leadership within the field of paediatric physiotherapy
- HCPC registered
- BSc (Hons) in physiotherapy (or equivalent)
- Knowledge and application of paediatric physio assessments and interventions relevant to a paediatric client group
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary inpatient setting
- Leadership skills, leading on team projects, developing a service
About the individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.
How to apply
Click through to apply direct with HCA.