Chartered Physiotherapists – First Contact Practitioners Saturday Morning Opportunity
First Point Physio Ltd
£34,000.00 – 45,000.00 Pro rata or £30 per hour – Permanent Part-time opportunities in the Hitchin area on a Saturday morning. This could be on an employed or self-employed basis
As First Point we are a team of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists working across over 160 GP surgeries across the Midlands, East and Southern England regions. We work within the Primary Care Team to see patients with suspected musculoskeletal conditions who would previously be seen by a GP.
We work as skilled specialist musculoskeletal physiotherapists either within an individual practice, or as part of a collective on the day type model which involves clusters of practices working together.
- We work as part of a practice team with access to: the appropriate clinician a for second opinion, further investigation, medication reviews and onward referrals etc.
- Patients are booked directly into a physiotherapist appointment by the practice receptionist, care navigator or GP in doctor first type triage.
- Appointments are generally 20 minutes and booked ‘on the day’ or next day and not involve any follow-ups, unless this was deemed necessary to help establish the best course of management
- We see and assess the patient, screen for red flags and give advice, support and exercises. Where necessary from this appointment patients will be signposted to the appropriate service.
- We train the surgery staff and are available to help staff as and when require
As a Physiotherapist working for First Point Physiotherapy you will be
- Registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Have at least 3 years post graduate experience
- Be familiar and compliant with the First Contact Physiotherapy Roadmap
- IRMER trained and able to order x-rays/ultrasounds (this can be online training)
- Appropriately trained including an in-depth knowledge of general onward referral pathways for all musculoskeletal conditions
- Up to date with all required Mandatory Training.
- Able to demonstrate that your skills are regularly updated
- Able to demonstrate good timekeeping and communication skills
In return as an employee you will be offered a competitive salary, 27 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, pension scheme and a very supportive environment with many CPD opportunities and potential for career progression within the company.
For any queries contact Jo Keller on 07932033544 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description - Chartered Physiotherapist - First Contact Practitioner
How to apply
Please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com explaining why you are interested in this position. Please could you also state whether you are looking for full or part-time work and roughly which days/hours and if you are looking for an employed or a self-employed contract. Many thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.