We are looking to hire a driven and enthusiastic Physiotherapist. This role will work as part of the Rapid Response, Intermediate Tier of services within Bury Local Care Organisations.
As a Physiotherapist working in the Bury Community you must be HCPC registered and hold a BSc/MSc in Physiotherapy.
Bury has recently made significant investment to improve the capacity and capability of intermediate care and related services under the leadership of the Bury Local Care Organisation [LCO].
The Bury LCO consists of the seven main health and social care providers in Bury (BARDOC, Bury Council, Bury GP Federation, the Northern Care Alliance, Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust and Persona) and the Voluntary, Community and Faith Alliance [VCFA]. Under the locality plan we want to enable more people to have their health and social care needs met at home and in the community and avoid unnecessary hospital or care home admission. The new delivery model for the Intermediate Tier of services was designed to bring together health and social care into a Bury-wide integrated team delivering intermediate care services under single leadership.
This role will support the services of Burrys intermediate care , Rapid Response team and report into the Therapy Lead. You will part of a wider multidisciplinary team who work across our bed-based unit at Killelea House and the Rapid Response service out in the community.
In this position you will
- Carry out holistic assessments of patients' needs and the development, implementation, and evaluation of treatment programmes.
- Support and coordinate the rehabilitation programmes across both the bed-based service and patients' homes.
- Be required to maintain comprehensive and accurate assessments and treatment records and communicate these in the form of letters and reports.
- You will require good communication verbal and written skills as you will need to provide planned advice, teaching and instructions to relatives, carers and other professionals and ensure a coordinated approach to patient care.
- Need a full driver's licence and access to a vehicle.
- Be able to build strong relationships to maximize rehabilitation potential and to be able to motivate your customers in a positive manner offering clear explanations and gaining informed consent with a variety of patients.
This role requires you to have an energetic and "can do" attitude and really want to make a difference to people's lives. This is a challenging job at times, so you need enthusiasm and be able to demonstrate you have previously worked as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
We need you to.
- Communicate well, have fluent English spoken and written.
- Hold a full driver's licence and access to a vehicle.
- Be fully vaccinated in accordance with government guidelines.
- Love working with people and can demonstrate empathy and kindness.
- To be IT literate and accurately record data.
- Be able to undertake the assessment of patients using investigative and analytical skills.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the MDT and external agencies, establishing links across numerous services to ensure continuity of patient care.
- To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of your workload.
- To formulate an individual treatment programme using clinical reasoning skills and a range of treatment skills, including manual physiotherapy treatment.
- HCPC registered.
- BSc/MSc Physiotherapy.
You will be assessed on the following essential requirements for the position.
- Broad range of experience at undergraduate level managing respiratory, neurological, and musculoskeletal conditions.
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- An understanding and evidence of using CPD.
- Evidence of clinical reasoning skills and demonstrating knowledge of respiratory, neurological, and musculoskeletal conditions.
Pay Grade 5 Full Time Salary £24,907 to £30,615
Shift patterns are 8-8pm 3 days a week (+1 day per month development or shift).37.5 hours in total. Days to be agreed in advance.
How to apply
Please send your CV, qualification and registration details to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are a workforce talent partner.