The Rep of the Year Awards showcases what CSP’s elected representatives do to make the workplace safer, more equitable, healthier and happier
The rep team of the year 2023
The CSP’s Annual Reps Conference was held last month in Manchester.
One of the highlights of the conference was the Rep of the Year Awards, which took place on the first day of the event, followed by a ceremony dinner.
The awards were presented by Ilora Finlay, CSP president, who praised the winners for their outstanding contributions to the profession.
The Rep of the Year Awards is an annual event that recognises the hard work and dedication of our elected representatives, particularly those who have gone above and beyond in their roles. The awards are given to stewards, safety reps and equality reps who have demonstrated exceptional leadership, communication, and organisational skills, and who have made a significant contribution to benefit their members and the profession.
This was the first year that both the steward of the year and the safety rep of the year awards were won by associate members, with each of the winners demonstrating the fantastic opportunities that their volunteer roles have given them.
Meet the winners
Steward of the year
- Louise Wright, Aneurin Bevan University Health Board.
- Runner up: Michael Mander, Alder Hey Children’s NHS Trust.
Safety rep of the year
- Sarah Mitchell, Swansea Bay University Health Board.
- Runner up: Helen Ashcroft (Kelso), Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Rep team of the year
- Helen Lewis and team, Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust.
- Runner up: University Hospital Southampton NHS Trust.
Outstanding contribution to equality in the workplace
- Uroosa Mayet, University College London Hospitals NHS trust.
- Runner up: Jack Holroyde, Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust.
Frontline will be featuring further articles about the winners. Go to CSP news for a list of those nominated.
The judges thank all those members who nominated their reps for an award.
Find Out More
Number of subscribers: 1