We ran a survey in September 2020 to understand pressures practicing members were under
We ran our second Covid-19 survey in September, to understand the pressures that practising members were facing at that point in the pandemic, informing our influencing work and the support that we offer.
More than 4,000 members took time to share their situations and opinions, across a range of practice, workplace and personal topics.
- Three-quarters of members are concerned about passing the virus on to patients, colleagues or family members. (73%)
- Almost half of NHS members reported that some of their patients had refused treatment for fear of contracting the virus (47%)
- One in six members consider themselves to be in a vulnerable or higher-risk category (16%)
Where members expected to be in 12 months’ time:
- Operating at a pre-Covid level: 23%
- Running their business with reduced turnover: 51%
- No longer able to run a business: 3%
- Employed in the NHS: 1%
- Retired or not practising: 2%
Number of subscribers: 1