Over 500 trials and 120 systematic reviews have demonstrated the efficacy of Tai Chi in prevention, rehabilitation and management of chronic conditions and fall, and improvement of physical and mental health, functional abilities and quality of life. Based on compelling research evidence, informed by exercise science and guided by exercise prescription principles and safety guidelines, the Clinical Tai Chi for Rehabilitation Programme is designed to improve clinical symptoms and functional abilities, achieve health recovery, and regain independence and the quality of life for patients with chronic conditions. The programme has eight forms with each form containing symmetrical movements targeting various chronic conditions. It is easy to learn and practice.
This programme has been accredited/approved by American College of Sports Medicine, California Physical Therapy Association, Texas Physical Therapy Association, New York State Occupational Therapy Association and Exercise and Sports Science Australia. It is highly recommended for allied health care and exercise professionals involved in rehabilitation and management of chronic conditions. It is also highly recommended as a lifestyle intervention strategy for self-management of chronic conditions.
What to learn
The course contains practical and theoretical module
- Step by step teaching and practice of the evidence-based Tai Chi intervention programme led by the course instructors
- How to practice/apply/teach the programme safely and effectively
- Epidemiology and risk factors of chronic conditions
- Evidence-based practice for rehabilitation of chronic conditions
- Introduction to Tai Chi and the Clinical Tai Chi for Rehabilitation Programme
- Research evidence and exercise science underpinning the programme
- Application of the programme to rehabilitation and management of chronic conditions
- Teaching and practice guideline
This course involves 9 hours of live training vis zoom over 2 days plus full access to complete online learning resources (step-by-step teaching video and course notes).
This course is also available as a self-paced online learning course.
Visit: www.exercisemedicineinternational.org for course cost, schedule and registration