UK graduates get three months free membership followed by a discounted membership fee of £10 a month for one year if not yet in permanent employment. Please remember to keep us informed if your employment status changes so we can ensue you get appropriate PLI cover. Once working you can then claim income tax relief on your subscription fee.
If already in a job, you can talk to your local steward about any concerns or workplace issues. To find out how to contact your steward call our Enquiry Handling Unit on 020 7306 6666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also pose professional questions and discuss your job-hunting or working experiences with other recent graduates through your dedicated discussion forum on interactiveCSP.
Getting the most from your membership
The best way to ensure that you have access to the full range of CSP member benefits and can get your voice heard is by completing your online account. The information provided informs the Society to develop new resources and to influence government/policy makers.
Go to www.csp.org.uk/account and either create a new account (you’ll need your membership number handy), or sign into your existing account and make sure your details are up-to-date.
Once you have an account on the site, you will start benefiting from the following communications resources:
- The CSP’s weekly Physiotherapy News ebulletin
- Fully searchable and interactive Frontline magazine and news archives.
You can use this site to give feedback, suggest future content, or share any that you like on Twitter or Facebook
- The newly-qualified discussion forum on interactiveCSP where you can put questions to or share experiences with your peers as well as access up-to-date news and resources
You can also follow the CSP on Twitter: Follow @thecsp
Resources for newly qualified job-seekers
- Our new publication to offer guidance on negotiating your first employment contract: guide to your first employment contract
- Take action in securing a job with our student survival guide
- Sign up for job alerts on Job Escalator
- Read more about the growing trend for seeking physiotherapy placements outside the UK
- Update your knowledge of the changing NHS
- Read the CSP’s code of professional values and behaviour
- Also of interest is the CSP’s vision for the future of physiotherapy
- Keep up with the latest physiotherapy news and search for relevant stories
- See how the CSP is campaigning to raise the profile of physiotherapy services
Continuing professional development
Newly-qualified members of the CSP immediately qualify for access to the following resources to support learning and development: