We've compiled some resources and tips to help you campaign for fair pay for NHS staff.
Having a conversation about pay
Progress starts with dialogue. Download our conversation guide, designed to assist one-to-one conversations with members about pay. It's full of facts and figures to help navigate difficult arguments, and designed to give members confidence and inspire them to take action on pay. Download the guide to get started:
Watch: NHS pay demonstration
Physiotherapy staff and NHS healthcare colleagues recently united in East Surrey to protest the current 1% pay offer from the government.
How to organise an NHS pay demo at your workplace
If you’ve been inspired by the team at East Surrey hospital, why not organise a demo in your own workplace?
- Talk to your stewards and members about the demo and agree a date and time.
- Liaise with your staff side – are the other health unions interested in joining, or are they planning activity in which you can represent the CSP?
- Talk to your manager and agree the time away from work to stage the demo. Only half an hour is required.
- You must complete a risk assessment. Your employer should provide you with this. You should comply with social distancing requirements and wear a mask even though the demo is likely to be outside. There is no limit on numbers providing a risk assessment has been completed.
- We can provide you with CSP placards, flags and leaflets for members as well as suggested key messages and actions.
- Share your message on social media. Good photos and a short video are crucial to getting the message out far and wide during the pandemic. Any photos or videos please use the hashtag #CSP4FairPay and tweet the CSP. Contact your CSP organiser if you need support.
Be safe, have fun, and get active on public sector pay. Contact the CSP organisers on email@example.com for support with your demo.
Download and print #CSP4FairPay leaflets
We've designed a #CSP4FairPay leaflet for you to distribute to colleagues, family and friends to ask them to support fair pay for NHS staff. Download the leaflet here and, in your printer settings, choose 'print on two sides' and select 'flip on short side'.
This is not a done deal. We must keep up the pressure on the government for a fair rise for NHS Staff.