Over a third of our members work in the independent (or non-NHS) sector. Workplaces range from independent hospitals, the voluntary sector, industry and higher education, to sports clubs, leisure services and private practice.
In the NHS, pay and conditions are largely transparent (NHS Terms and Conditions of Service Handbook). This is not the case in the independent sector and gaining an informed view of what makes up the average pay and reward package isn't easy.
Are you experiencing detrimental proposals regarding your terms and conditions?
We can help you with:
- advice in terms of constructing pay claims
- advice on contracts of employment and self-employed relationships
- pay surveys of groups of members by sector
- supporting claims for trade union recognition
- support at grievance and disciplinary hearings and at employment tribunals
- advice on health and safety issues