The CSP has developed these standards in direct response to the rapidly evolving situation.
These peer-reviewed standards are aimed at the physiotherapy workforce and service leads. They are underpinned by National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), government and profession-specific guidance on Covid-19. We will review and update them as the knowledge base and expert experience develop.
This particular set of standards covers rehabilitation in hospital critical and acute care settings through to step-down rehabilitation facilities and/or ongoing rehabilitation in the community.
There are five quality standards:
- Assessment and goal setting.
- Timing and intensity of rehabilitation.
- Continuity of care and communication.
- Ongoing rehabilitation in the community.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) and infection control during rehabilitation.
Expert peer reviewers:
- Stephanie Mansell – Consultant Respiratory Physiotherapist, Consultant Physiotherapy Group Co-chair
- David McWilliams – Consultant Physiotherapist Critical Care
- Lucy Silvester – Major Trauma Service Lead
- Ema Swingwood – Respiratory Pathway Lead/Physiotherapist, Association for Chartered Physiotherapists in Respiratory Care (ACPRC) Chair