In response to the restarting of healthcare services in each UK country, the CSP is calling for governments and healthcare providers to:
- Urgently restart paused physiotherapy in primary, community and elective services.
- Facilitate this by ensuring physiotherapy space, facilities and IT resources.
- Plan how to avoid further disruption of physiotherapy and rehabilitation services in the event of a second spike and clear the backlog of unmet need.
- Urgent restoration of community physiotherapy and rehabilitation, FCP, outpatients and elective care services.
- For services to be accessible and effective we now need a return to face-to-face service provision alongside virtual provision.
- Provide the facilities to enable the reopening of services, including returning requisitioned physiotherapy and rehabilitation space as well as providing community based alternatives and IT to reduce hospital based provision.
- Facilitate services to offer services both face-to-face and virtually to increase accessibility of services,provide choice and be prepared for a second spike.
- Commit to protecting rehabilitation and community capacity in the event of a second spike.
- Take measures to increase the capacity of rehabilitation services through workforce deployment and expansion.
- Require NHS services to provide practice placements for the workforce in training to avoid exacerbating.