5 reasons to study this programme at the University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a thriving, Russel Group university providing all the facilities that you would expect at such a world class and prestigious establishment.
• Our teaching staff are highly experienced experts in their field and include clinical specialists and world renowned professors/researchers. All our staff are approachable and friendly, adopting a collegiate approach to teaching and learning, ensuring that our students have the very best possible experience.
• Our programme is consistently rated very highly by our students (average 96% satisfaction in last three years) and by the end of the course our students are extremely skilled, professional and are highly sought after in the job market. Our clinical colleagues have commented that our students are very well prepared for employment and our alumni of students are leading several areas of clinical practice.
• We have excellent clinical based/practical facilities including dissection rooms and a state of the art simulation suite which contains realistic and programmable mannequins where students can learn many skills in the safety of a controlled environment.
• Our students undertake placements within the first academic year, thus ensuring that they can apply the theoretical knowledge they have learnt in a real clinical setting with the help/support of dedicated and skilled supervisors. Students can expect to gain a breadth of experience by completing placements in the core areas of acute CVR, Neuro and MSK in addition to experiencing 2 other clinical settings.
• Research within the Faculty and particularly through our physiotherapy professors, is of an exceptionally high standard achieving number one ranking in the UK REF 2014. Our students benefit from their input and knowledge, ensuring that the programme is at the cutting edge of physiotherapy practice. Our students will undertake a research project guided by these world class researchers.
Programme lead - Dr Peter White, firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions tutor - Rob Shannon, R.J.Shannon@soton.ac.uk