How can I effectively evaluate a hybrid model as part of my work to ensure a safe and high-quality service for patients and to inform future service ideas and development?
Ensure that the benefits of consultations are maximised and the risks are reduced and/or mitigated with the outcome and experience remaining positive.
Optimise patient care and outcomes by prioritising service evaluation, impact, improvement and transformation.
Use existing local knowledge:
- Local evaluations, which are often small-scale, provide information within the context of local service provision, care pathways, and population needs.
- Ensure that your services have the staffing capacity they need, are well resourced, and are set up to best meet the needs of your patients while reducing barriers to accessing healthcare.
Use existing resources:
- The CSP resource can support you to develop your ideas and help you to plan you next steps. Find out more about evaluation of hybrid services.
Explore your available data, for example data on:
- Digital exclusion.
- Patient-reported experience/satisfaction measures (PREMs).
- Patient-reported outcome measures (PROMs).
- Staff experience/satisfaction.
- Cost implications.
- Time pressures.
Think about what questions about remote consultation you would like your evaluation to answer.
- Share this plan with colleagues to help you formulate a plan.
- You can also share your thoughts and ideas on the iCSP forums.
- If you would like some help forming your plans, find a mentor via the CSP mentoring platform.
- Find out how other services have undertaken evaluation to drive innovation and transformation by looking at the CSP Innovations database.