The 2018 Annual Representative Conference was held on 5-6 March.
All members are welcome to attend ARC but only nominated representatives (see immediately below) have subsidised places and can vote.
- 39 representatives nominated by regional networks and country boards
- 73 representatives nominated by the professional networks
- 135 representatives nominated by stewards and safety representatives
- 30 representatives nominated by students
- 15 representatives nominated by associates
- each equality and diversity network group and the retirement network group shall nominate two representatives.
See how members voted at the 2018 conference below, along with motions and responses to them.
Expenses can be claimed in line with CSP expenses policy. Please download and print off the expense claim form (also available below), sign and return it to the Events Team at our London address. Don't forget to attach your receipts.
The 2019 Annual Representatives Conference will take place on 3 - 4 June at the Midland Hotel, Manchester.
ARC is an opportunity for the CSP’ s members to come together for two days to discuss and debate matters of importance to members, the services they offer and the health and welfare of the community. The official ARC hashtag is #CSPARC19.
Who can go?
Those nominated as representatives of the stewards and health & safety reps, Regional Networks and Country Boards, Professional Networks, Students, Associates and the equality, diversity and retirement networks. Your Council representatives will also be there and all CSP members are welcome to attend ARC as observers.
Why is ARC important?
It’s your group’s opportunity to have its say and influence CSP policies and direction.
How can you be involved?
- write a motion to give your group's opinion of what CSP should do
- view the motions on the website each year and discuss views with your group and other members
- hold a fringe meeting
- follow proceedings on Twitter (#CSPARC19)
- come to ARC
Booking your travel
Train travel should be booked using the trainline code and should be off-peak return rail fares. See below for information on booking your train to ARC . If you haven't already done so, please book your travel tickets as soon as possible to take advantage of the cheap fares. If travel is not booked at least a month in advance, you will be expected to fund half the costs unless there are exceptional circumstances or cheap fares are available.
Unless you are travelling from the Channel Islands or Northern Ireland flights may only be booked if they cost less than the off-peak return train fare and you must gain permission from the Chief Executive's office before booking or travel claim expenses will not be paid.