Copying for members
If required we can try to obtain materials related to your professional work, CPD or Education . that are not available as full text via the Discovery – Evidence and Knowledge. Note: Charges apply.
In Discovery, items that do not have a link to full text should have a ‘Request a copy – charges may apply’.link.
- The ‘link will open a form for completion. The details of the item will have been entered, you need to complete the top section of the form and confirm you accept the copyright declaration by ticking the box at the bottom of the form and press ‘Submit’
- All copying is governed by the ‘Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988’ and any subsequent amendments. A summary of the Act is available from The University of Manchester Library.
Charges that may apply
For material held in the Library - £2.50 per copy with a minimum charge of £5.00.
Obtaining copies of material not held in the Library cost £6.00 or £12.00 per copy depending on where we can get it from. We will contact you before proceeding to establish the maximum you are prepared to pay.
On receipt of your order, we will send you a PayPal invoice, which you will receive by email. After we have received your payment, we will begin work on your order. If we are unable to supply or find cheaper way to get the copy, you will be refunded.
Don’t have a PayPal account? You can still use PayPal to pay for your copies:
- Check your inbox for an email from PayPal.
- Click the ‘Pay Now’ button in the email. If you do not see the button, click the link in the email or copy and paste the URL into your browser’s address bar.
- The default is to pay from a PayPal account but look on the screen for “Don’t have a PayPal account?” you should see a link to “Continue to checkout.”
- Enter your personal details and your debit or credit card details.
- Click “Review Payment” and check that everything is correct. If there is a mistake click “Change” at the bottom of the screen.
- When you are happy that everything is correct, click Pay Now to complete your payment. You will receive a receipt from PayPal.
Members who know what they want can go directly to the Member copying form.
Non member copying
Non members can ask us to supply copies from Library stock. To request a copy complete the non members copying form and return it to the Library.
We will check availability and then invoice you by PayPal. After we have received payment we will send you the articles.
Non member are charged £5.00 per article from stock.
- Download a Non-member copying form, (Word, 36KB)