You will receive a car allowance of £2,000 per annum
25 days holiday allowance + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
This is a full time, permanent contract which is a home based role with travel across London & Home Counties to deliver the Access to Work programme.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To carry out fully Holistic assessments for individuals in their place of work or remotely.
You will be expected to travel throughout the geographical area stipulated, visit customers within their workspace and through a 1-2-1 meeting, ascertain the individuals needs and make appropriate recommendations (which are in-line with Department guidelines of value for money). Assessors will write a full report detailing barriers faced by customer and detailed descriptions of recommended solutions, with costings. The role involves needs assessing customers using remote technology and methodology too.
Assessors are expected to represent RBLI in a positive, professional manner at all times.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Undertaking workplace assessments in a variety of environments
- Understanding customer concerns and identified barriers to tasking
- Observing customer workplace environments in order to make specific recommendations that can assist / support the customer in work.
- Documenting customer issues/background, routine tasking, environment & layout
- Researching products/services associated with physical environment, software, assistive technology and specialist products
- Applying sound knowledge to recommend intervention measures to enable customers to overcome barriers or reduce risk of issue
- Collating and compiling competent reports that are fit for purpose, within a specified time frame
- Positively contributing to the team’s contracted KPI targets
Skills & Experience Required:
- Applied experience in at least one of the following subject areas:
- Specific Learning Difficulties
- Hearing Issues/Deaf Community
- Visual Impairments/Blind Community
- Physical Disabilities
- Experience of carrying out professional assessments in the workplace
- Problem solving skills & innovative approaches
- Knowledge & understanding of the HSE (DSE) Regulations
- Ability to build quick rapport with customers
- Strong communication skills with stakeholders
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills
- Sound IT skills (especially MS Office tools)
- Well-developed report writing skills
- Must be a Team Player
- Experience and knowledge of the Access to Work Scheme
- Car owner/driver (Full Licence)
- Higher Education Qualification/Bachelor’s Degree
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like more information of how to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please visit https://rbli.co.uk/disability-confident/ for more information. Alternatively please call us on 01622 795917.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date