Win a major tournament with sustained success thereafter – in particular supporting the Euros 2022 and World Cup 2023.
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are building a diverse team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England Teams at Senior and Development level.
This exciting role will support the delivery of an excellent physiotherapy programme to the England Senior Women's team - the Lionesses, helping to develop healthy and available players who are ready to perform now and in the future.
Key elements of the role will include:
- Supporting the delivery of proactive physiotherapy and related services to the Senior Women's Team - which requires travel both within the UK and abroad.
- Support the development and delivery of a physiotherapy and performance medicine tournament projects and curriculum in line with the “What it takes to win” strategy
- Where required aid with player development through the delivery of individual Athlete Health Plans for England players on camp and off camp
- Where required support the acute injury management and rehabilitation of England players in line with department frameworks
- Ensure a multidisciplinary (MDT) Team based approach is prioritised in all “ways of working” within the Medical/Performance/Nutrition and Psychology departments as well as the wider Senior Women's staff group
- Where required contribute to the planning and review of England team events through MDT or “all staff” meetings/processes
- Assist in the development of guidelines, policies and related educational content for key aspects of performance medicine to support best practice in the preparation and management of players for international football
- Keep physiotherapy records of all consultations, ensuring records are confidential and secure via WPS, PPS and other related applications
- Effectively capture, record, and utilize data to support player management - in particular that related to Wellness, Exposure and Profiling
- Where directed develop and maintain close working relationships with women's national coaches and performance support staff - both within SW and the U23s/Pathway to ensure an effective multi-disciplinary approach to delivery
- Ensure the management of camp related kit and consumables for the SW as well as individually assigned equipment for your role
- Assist in the leadership and delivery of key internal and external projects which underpin future service development with the England Women's game
- Support the delivery of the Womens Technical Strategy as required
- Executes additional tasks as required by your Line Manager in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
Contract end date: 31st July 2022
Commitment Required: Approx. 120 days per season
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Working rights within the UK
- Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered
- Member of the CSP or equivalent
- BSc in Physiotherapy or the equivalent
- MSc in Sports Physiotherapy, Strength and Conditioning, Sports Medicine, or another related field (or currently completing)
- Extensive experience as a physiotherapist in elite sport – ideally including International travel
- Excellent evidence-based physiotherapy and rehabilitation delivery skills
- Knowledge and experience of implementing a preventative model of care at a systems level
- Outstanding ability to communicate and build relationships with players, staff, and wider groups of stakeholders
- Ability to interpret and utilize data related to athlete health and physical performance
- Experience utilizing athlete related applications/note systems, and Microsoft operating systems
- Track record of successfully integrating into a MDT of staff & managing extended periods of travel
- Good planning and prioritisation skills - as well as flexibility where required in the elite sports landscape
In addition, candidates would ideally need to possess the following:
- Current ATMMIF qualification, or recognized equivalent
- Knowledge of the women's game
- Experience in international sport or a variety of elite sports
- Experience in international or club football
- Special expertise in a particular “high performance” niche such as Senior athlete development, data science/research, rehabilitation, or female athlete health
- Experience working in multiple roles/sports congruently, or in differing cultures/environments
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to England Team success, please get in touch.
To apply please clock Apply Now.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Wednesday 27th October.
Please note that final interviews will be held at St Georges Park in November.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.