- Accommodation Assistance – we offer accommodation support for overseas new starters
- Pension – Defined Contribution pension scheme
- Car Parking – on site safe expansive multi storey car park available to all staff at very reasonable rates
- Educational assistance - we support employees in their development and investment in training is important to us
- Flexibility – we are flexible and like to promote a good work life balance
- Uniforms – we provide uniforms to all staff
- Pharmacy – we have Discounted pharmacy rates – DPS
- Reduced dispensing fee
- Income protection insurance – we offer income protection insurance to all eligible staff
- Discounted medical tests for staff
- Employee Welfare – we work closely with our Occupational Health advisors to encourage healthy lifestyle
- Sports and Social Club – we have a sports and social club available to all employees which arranges nights out at the Theatre, Social nights at Concerts, Horseracing, Golf and social nights in the Pub. Covid restrictions currently being observed.
- Tax saver travel tickets – we offer tax saver bus and train tickets
- Bike to work scheme – we participate in the Bike to Work scheme
- Staff saving schemes – we have a number of staff savings schemes in place
- Annual Bonus – we offer an annual bonus based on hospital wide targets
- Full Restaurant – we have an onsite restaurant which has meals for staff at heavily discounted rates
Senior Physiotherapist - Respiratory
Permanent/35 hours per week
To work with the Physiotherapy manager in co-ordinating and developing a quality patient centred physiotherapy service across the organisation and in their designated area.
Professional Qualifications Experience
Candidates must have:
- A Physiotherapy qualification validated by the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapy
- CORU registration
- Membership of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists.
- Continued Professional Development Diary including evidence of reflective practice, In-service training, courses attended and Clinical Governance gained.
- Post graduate courses relevant to Respiratory Physiotherapy
- 4 years relevant clinical experience.
Assessment, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation
- Carry a clinical case load appropriate to the post.
- Aid in the development of outpatient services in line with the post – specifically the development of the outpatient respiratory / medical service.
- Be responsible for the patient assessment, development and implementation of individualised treatment plans that are patient centred and in line with best practice.
- Communicate and work in Co-operation with other team members in providing an integrated quality service taking the lead role as required.
- Document Patient records in accordance with professional standards and departmental policies
- Develop and promote professional standards of practice.
- Work within own scope of professional competencies in line with principles of best practice professional conduct and clinical governance.
- Operate within the scope of practice of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapy.
- Advocate as necessary for the patients, respecting their dignity and confidentiality.
- Adapt to changing workloads.
- Actively participate in the improvement and development of Physiotherapy services by liaising with the Physiotherapy Manager.
- Gather and analyse statistics and participate in audits as directed by the Manager.
- Carry out other duties appropriate to the post as required from time to time by the Physiotherapy Manager
Maintain documents according to the policies and procedures of Blackrock Clinic.
- Respond appropriately to patient/family requests and questions.
- Communicate appropriately with colleagues and other members of the health care team.
- Recognise self-limitations and seek assistance.
- Communicate in a manner that avoids antagonism, reduces conflict and prevents undue anxiety.
- To act as a mentor for Physiotherapy colleagues. To act as an advisor and educational resource on a regional and national basis.
- To demonstrate leadership and advice as required on research methodology.
- To keep abreast of new developments in the Physiotherapy profession and identify opportunities to improve the service.
Health and Safety
- Comply with Health and Safety policies and procedures which includes ensuring equipment used on the service is maintained to the required standard and defects are reported to appropriate authorities as soon as possible.
- Implement agreed policies, procedures and safe professional practice.
- Work in a safe manner with due care and attention to the safety of self and others.
- Be aware of Risk Management issues, identify risks and take appropriate action.
- Report any adverse incidents or near misses.
- Adhere to department policies in relation to the Care and Safety of any equipment.
- Support the Mission Statement of Blackrock Clinic.
- Observe appropriate lines of authority.
- Demonstrate flexibility by assisting in other areas of the hospital as required.
- Continue to develop personal knowledge and skills.
- Seek and take education opportunities in addition to those provided by the hospital.
- Participate in working groups to develop and promote quality care within Blackrock Clinic.
- Present a professional appearance and is punctual.
How to apply
Please apply through the link https://api.occupop.com/shared/job/senior-physiotherapist-respiratory-f…
or through our website www.blackrock-clinic.com/careers