- Designated Senior Physiotherapy position in inter-disciplinary team
- Auckland City Hospital
- Step 7 – 10 Allied & Public Health salary scale
Auckland City Hospital
Recognised as an international centre of excellence, Auckland City Hospital (ACH) is renowned as New Zealand’s largest teaching hospital, offering 19 national specialist services.
The Reablement Service comprises 4 inpatient rehabilitation wards at ACH. The service provides comprehensive assessment, treatment and rehabilitation to adults experiencing stroke, amputation, neurological and orthopaedic conditions, multi - trauma as well as frailty. Services are provided to adults aged over 16 years.
You will be part of a team which delivers a high quality, innovative service to varied patient groups. Although the majority of the direct clinical work undertaken will be with younger adults and the stroke population, the role is responsible for supporting staff working across the entire service, as well as contributing to service wide quality initiatives.
It is an exciting time to be joining the organisation as we look to further develop our services in adult rehabilitation and stroke, as well as the care and rehabilitation of frail older adults. We therefore encourage Physiotherapists who are skilled and passionate about working in these areas to apply.
This is an exciting new Senior Physiotherapist position which is primarily clinical, and incorporates clinical education and leadership components.
- Training and development of Therapy Assistants
- Coordination of day to day tasks within the Allied Health team
- Contributing to quality and service improvement projects
We are looking for an experienced Physiotherapist who loves helping others to achieve their potential.
- 4 + years’ post-grad experience, with proven clinical competence at senior level
- Demonstrated or developing leadership skills, and experience supporting and developing others
- Understanding of clinical governance and evidence based practice
- Experience of contributing to quality and service improvement initiatives
- Registration with Physiotherapy Board of NZ and current APC
At Auckland DHB, we encourage our staff to “aim high” and offer fantastic opportunities for professional development as well as other generous perks:
- Free educational seminars open to all staff
- Support to go to external conferences
- Free onsite yoga and bootcamps
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Discounts at national retailers