To view our fantastic range of employee benefits, please visit https://careers.bupa.co.uk/our-roles/nurses/cromwell-hospital/ .
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state-of-the-art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
We are recruiting for a Senior Orthopaedic Physiotherapist to work at Bupa Cromwell Hospital, which is an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. This is a fixed term contract running from 19 October 2020 to 7 July 2021.
You will provide a client-centred and evidence-based service to mainly adult but also paediatric patients with orthopaedic needs. This post provides assessment and treatment to a caseload of patients and includes pre-admission and pre-operative assessment, post-operative intervention and equipment fitting, for example aircast boots, crutches and braces. You may be required to assist with non-orthopaedics patients.
Depending on COVID-19 national and local guidance, you will receive referrals for both inpatients and outpatients from the wards, outpatient consultation and GP clinics as well as via external routes.
- Perform as a highly skilled Physiotherapist who is able to undertake all aspects of your clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner.
- Establish and maintain efficient communication within the multi-disciplinary team (both internal and external) to ensure a holistic and complete duty of care. This includes verbal, non-verbal or written communication, both in expression and active listening, to facilitate accurate comprehension of information.
- Act as a resource of specialist advice for patients, clients and colleagues within the scope of your experience and knowledge.
- Participate in the overall day-to-day management and development of the Therapy Department and your area of speciality to ensure an efficient and safe service for all.
- Participate in hospital and departmental processes that support and encourage professional and personal development of yourself and your colleagues.
- Promote and adhere to all hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Use reflective practise and clinical reasoning in undertaking specialist assessment in order to provide an individualised treatment programme for each patient.
- Provide appropriate information, education and support for your client group and their carers.
- Participate in discharge planning and liaise with external agencies in order to ensure a discharge that is safe and supportive of the patient’s ongoing care and rehabilitation needs. This could include home assessments within our catchment area.
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive and timely patient treatment records and reports in line with local and national requirements for best management of the patient.
- Manage clinical risk within your caseload at all times and ensure potential clinical risk is effectively communicated and managed.
- Promote dignity, privacy and safety at all times, with particular consideration of the patient’s cultural, spiritual and personal needs and preferences.
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC registration
- CSP membership
- Proven experience as an orthopaedic physiotherapist with competency in diagnosing neuromusculoskeletal pathologies.
- Experience and competence in fitting musculoskeletal braces and splints
- Commitment to multi-disciplinary teamwork
- Assertive, articulate and polite
- Good written and spoken English
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to work on own initiative, prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Good timekeeping but prepared to be flexible
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
How to apply
To be part of this highly supportive and passionate team, please submit your CV via the link in the advert or contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter at Bupa, on 07714 073450 or email@example.com for further information.