We have an exciting opportunity for a Band 6 Senior MSK / Aquatic Therapy Physiotherapist to join The London Clinic. This role is based in our Therapies department at 20 Devonshire Place located in Central London close to Regents Park & Baker Street tube stations.
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, and we have been providing exceptional care since 1932. We have 8 premises, where we perform highly complex procedures as well as routine surgery & medicine.
Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, and our Physiotherapy team are present on every clinical floor throughout the hospital where we provide a wide range of treatments to patients, as well as those who visit for outpatient treatment.
As Band 6 Senior Physiotherapist you will be responsible for performing advanced physiotherapeutic assessment
and treatment of patients with diverse presentations and complex physical and psychological conditions.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week
- Salary: The attractive salary for this role is £39,913 - £48,774 per annum, and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Health Insurance, 33 day’s annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertake a comprehensive assessment of patients including those with diverse or complex presentations/multi-pathologies; use advanced clinical reasoning skills and manual assessment techniques to provide an accurate diagnosis of their condition.
- Manage a full caseload of patients across the Aquatic Therapy and the Outpatient MSK service.
- Provide a diagnosis and formulate and deliver an individual physiotherapy treatment programme.
- Formulate accurate prognoses and recommend best course of intervention, developing comprehensive discharge plans.
- Ensure effective liaison with referring doctors and staff of other disciplines to promote interdisciplinary communication at all levels.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience of working as a band 6 physiotherapist in musculoskeletal outpatients with experience in all core areas.
- Experience working in aquatic therapy is desirable but not essential for this role. Aquatic therapy training and support will be offered to the successful candidate.
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy and HCPC registered.
- Proven experience of working with a varied Musculo-skeletal caseload, with a thorough knowledge of various Musculo-skeletal and Orthopaedic conditions.
- Experience of quality issues and audit.
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills with high levels of communication skills to coach, mediate, negotiate, present and train.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines, as well as demonstrating a forward looking and proactive approach, and working effectively within a team environment.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a
variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.
In-line with Government legislation, From 1 April 2022 it will be a legal requirement for you to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status or an exemption certificate to work for a healthcare organisation.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV to Katherine Turpie at K.Turpie@thelondonclinic.co.uk