In return we offer the successful candidate:
- Competitive pay, dependent on experience and enhancements for working unsocial hours.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Uniform provided
- Free on-site parking
- Staff benefits, including private medical Insurance and life assurance
Fixed Term Contract – 1 year Full time 37.5 hours a week
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Physiotherapist to join the Physiotherapy Team at the Woodland Hospital as an In-Patient Physiotherapist on a fixed term contract. Now is an extremely exciting time to join Ramsay Healthcare with the upcoming development of our new state of the art hospital facility in 2023, which will be an extension of services currently offered at Woodland Hospital including the Physiotherapy. We have embraced our Enhanced Recovery Programme (ERP) and have made significant length of stay reductions with improved patient related outcomes measures. We are looking to recruit to the position of Orthopaedic Physiotherapist to join our Physiotherapy team on a fixed term basis to cover a maternity leave post. This role would suit a Senior Physiotherapist with an interest in elective orthopaedic inpatients. The role will suit a confident, competent, independent, committed and flexible physiotherapist who has the knowledge base and skills that can be developed around the services that we offer.
Your duties will include:
- Delivering high quality physiotherapy care in a hospital setting; including the assessment, treatment, planning and development of physiotherapy treatment programmes, progressing and regressing treatment using own clinical knowledge and justification in an in-patient and out-patient setting.
- Use sound rationale to solve problems and treat, sometimes moderately complex, patients within scope of practice without overcomplicating matters whilst working independently
- Sound ability to use dynamic risk assessment and manual handling skills to ensure patient and environmental safety during treatment plans
- Effective planning and utilisation of assistants, prioritisation of patients to ensure timely safe discharge from the ward
- Providing patient education and advice at all stages throughout the patient journey, face to face and by telephone.
- Manage your own case load in inpatients/outpatients as applicable, time management skills, input sessional charges via computer, book patient appointments and fully utilise own computer diary.
- To act in a professional manner at all times respecting privacy, dignity and confidentiality
- High regard and implementation of health and safety procedures regarding patients, colleagues and the environment at all times
- Excellent communication, customer care and customer service skills.
- A commitment to CPD, mandatory training and e-learning, evidence based practice and personal development.
- A good standard of IT literacy and use the electronic patient records system.
- An active involvement in the day to day running of the department and service development
- Working effectively and independently as part of the Physiotherapy team and support the Physiotherapy Manager
- BSc Honours Degree in Physiotherapy
- Be HCPC and CSP registered
- Experience and evidence of working as a Physiotherapist in an Orthopaedic Inpatient and MSK Outpatient setting as a qualified therapist.
- Evidence of CPD in the assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal/ orthopaedic cases/basic respiratory skills
- Highly organised and demonstrate the ability to work confidently and effectively both in a team and independently.
Woodland Hospital is one of Northamptonshire's leading private hospitals located in Kettering. We are a part of the Ramsay Healthcare Group and are a global organisation offering NHS and Private healthcare in a number of specialties. Woodland Hospital provides convenient, effective, high quality treatment for patients on an inpatient and outpatient basis for medically insured, self-pay and NHS patients.
How to apply
If you require any more information then please contact Jenifer Cernik, Physiotherapy Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01536 536814
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Woodland Hospital is committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.