Why Bupa? What’s in it for you?
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
These benefits have been carefully crafted to really make a difference to our people’s lives, supporting a work-life balance whilst keeping focus on mental and physical wellbeing:
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Enhanced pension and life insurance
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Discounted access to online gym sessions
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- Option to join dental insurance scheme at a discounted rate
- Access to our Digital GP platform on you mobile
- Emotional wellbeing support
- Access to family mental health line
- Financial wellbeing channels
- Support for carers
Senior Cardiothoracic Physiotherapist
Cromwell Hospital, Kensington, SW5 0TU
Permanent, full time, 37.5 hours per week
Participation in the on-call system, covering both weekday and weekends, as the service requires
Salary up to £47,626.61 dependent on experience plus fantastic benefits
Can you manage a complex caseload using evidence based, client centred principles to provide highly specialised assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, evaluation?
Can you coordinate therapy intervention for patients in AICU, surgical and medical wards and the respiratory outpatient service?
Get in touch or apply today! For a confidential chat please email firstname.lastname@example.org within our Recruitment team where we can answer any questions and if interested, arrange an informal site visit.
What will the role as our Senior Cardiothoracic Physiotherapist look like?
- Establish and maintain efficient communication within the multi-disciplinary team (both internal and external) to ensure a holistic and complete duty of care. This includes verbal, non-verbal or written communication, both in expression and active listening, to facilitate accurate comprehension of information.
- Act as a resource of specialist advice for patients, clients and colleagues within the scope of your experience and knowledge.
- Participate in the overall day-to-day management and development of the Therapy Department to ensure an efficient and safe service for all.
What you’ll do:
- Practise as an autonomous and accountable professional using reflective practise and advanced clinical reasoning skills in undertaking specialist assessment to provide an individualised treatment programme with client centred goals.
- Provide appropriate information, education and support for your client group and their carers.
- Monitor and evaluate treatment in order to measure progress and modify when necessary, to allow for changes due to improvement or deterioration. Use appropriate outcome measures where applicable.
- Participate in discharge planning and liaise with external agencies to ensure a discharge that is safe and supportive of the patient’s ongoing care and rehabilitation needs. This could include home assessments within our catchment area.
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive, and timely patient treatment records and reports in line with local and national requirements for best management of the patient.
- Assess risks, make recommendations and effectively communicate to ensure risks are reduced as much as possible within the client’s daily activities and associated environments.
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Physiotherapy.
- HCPC registration.
- CSP membership.
- Proven experience in the field of cardiothoracic physiotherapy.
- On-call experience.
- Experience and competence in providing appropriate respiratory aids.
- It would be desirable to have knowledge of social services and other support agencies.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm.
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.
How to apply
Get in touch or apply today! For a confidential chat please email email@example.com within our Recruitment team where we can answer any questions or, if interested, arrange an informal site visit.