Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
BMI Harbour Hospital in Poole is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior 1 Physiotherapist to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week but we would be happy to consider a job share for this post. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern although hours will primarily be Monday to Friday daytime.
We are looking for a physiotherapist with post graduate experience to join our popular team. You should have an interest and experience in musculoskeletal physiotherapy and orthopaedics and be keen to learn and develop.
We are a busy department of experienced senior physiotherapists looking for a colleague to join us in one of the best parts of the country to be active and enjoy the great outdoors. We receive referrals from a variety of sources including consultants, GPs and also patients referring themselves for physiotherapy. We specialise in rehabilitation from injury and surgery and treat a variety of problems including soft tissue injury, post operative patients and spinal pain. We have invested in state of the art rehabilitation facilities including the AlterG treadmill and Wattbike, aiming to get our patients back to the best level possible. Our most important investment is in our staff and we benefit from a high standard of in house training as well as access to the funded, external BMI Healthcare physiotherapy training plan. The successful applicant can also benefit from the company benefits package including pension and private medical insurance.
If you feel that your ambition matches ours, please apply for this role. We would be happy to consider a job share for this post.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Chartered Physiotherapist
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Knowledge of CSP and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements.
Duties of this role include:
- To manage a clinical caseload, providing physiotherapy assessment and treatment to the highest standard.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Senior Physiotherapist (Senior 1 level)_v1.3_June 2017.pdf
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.