Work somewhere that values you, your career, and your patients!
Are you an experienced Physiotherapist looking to work in fantastic location in a varied and rewarding role? Take your next career step within Manx Care on the Isle of Man and make a real difference to the community on our beautiful Island!
About the role and our team
This is a rotational role which means you can put all your learning, training, and skills to use in a variety of clinics including orthopaedic in/outpatients, musculoskeletal out-patients, stroke, medical and self-referral. These roles will allow you to manage a specialised caseload of patients as well as supervising and training more junior staff.
If you’re looking to work in a fantastic location where you’ll experience a great variety of both in and outpatient services and across specialties, then this could be the role for you. You would be contributing to our patient-centred Therapies Service by:
- Managing your own specialised caseload of patients, providing an efficient and high quality physiotherapy service within different specialist areas
- Supervising, delegating work, and training junior Physiotherapists
- Rotating between clinical areas every 6 months including medical, ITU, surgical, amputees, orthopaedics, rehabilitation, and musculoskeletal outpatients
- Consolidating specialist physiotherapy skills in a variety of settings including examination and assessment of patients and delivery of treatment programmes
- Setting appropriate and progressive treatment aims, objectives and agree rehabilitation goals, in joint negotiation with patients
- Delegating patient treatment programmes to Physiotherapy Assistants and students and monitoring their progress
We have an integrated health and social care service, meaning you’ll get to work across the beautiful Island alongside our supportive and friendly team. Our wider team consists of OTs, PTs, and Children's Speech and Language Therapists who all work closely together across Outpatient Services, Acute Wards, and in Children's Therapy. We are a welcoming, dynamic, and sociable team who enjoy spending time together outside of work.
Hear from our Physiotherapy Team
Justine Torry joined Manx Care in 2019 as a Band 5 Physiotherapist and has recently been promoted into a Band 6 role. Justine and her family moved to the Isle of Man when she was 8 years old and is the place she loves to call home. She makes the most of island life by enjoying the outdoors, the great food, and the beautiful scenery.
What is the impact of your Physiotherapy job on the Isle of Man?
Overall, we work with people to optimise and improve their physical/mental/emotional well-being, become fitter, stronger, and be able to achieve their personal goals. This helps to keep people healthy and well and avoid them requiring more invasive and medicalised treatments which would therefore result in future healthcare costs.
Why would you recommend the Isle of Man?
It’s a beautiful and wonderful place to raise a family. Life feels exceptionally safe and friendly here. The Island really does offer a uniquely attractive work-life balance, with higher salaries and short commute times.
What can this role offer me?
- By joining us you’ll be stepping away from NHS pressures and demands, as the Island’s healthcare system is similar but separate to the UK NHS
- Developing our team to be the best they can be is important to us and we actively support your own personal career goals, aspirations, and development
- Within the role, you’ll be able to develop both clinically and with leadership roles, and there will also be opportunities to represent physiotherapy interests across the organisation
- You’ll enjoy competitive annual leave entitlement of 27 days and 10 public holidays
- For candidates not on the Isle of Man we will reimburse your interview expenses and give you a relocation package of up to £7,000 to get you, your things and your family to the Island. You’ll also be eligible for housing assistance to help contribute towards your mortgage or rent on the Island and a recruitment incentive of £3,000, payable in the 1st, 13th, and 25th months of employment
- For those relocating or returning to the Island, you’ll receive a refund on your national insurance contributions made in your first year, this could be up to £4,000!
- Free car parking at all sites
Please note an enhanced with barring police check is required for this post, which Manx Care will cover the cost of for you. Please note if you have lived for more than 6 months outside of the UK in the last 5 years, you’ll be required to obtain a Letter of Good Standing from the appropriate authorities in the relevant locations, please read the guidance about how to obtain this letter.
A full valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle is required for this role. A uniform will also be provided.
How to apply
For more information please see the attached job profile, alternatively, you can call Kelly Gulland on 01624 650200 or 01624 642562 for an informal chat about the role.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 15 May 2023.
To apply online, please visit: https://bit.ly/3L9lJmX