BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Beaumont Hospital in Bolton has a vacancy for a Physiotherapy Assistant to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Able to reassure patients in varying situations and encourage them to undertake their exercise programmes.
- Able to assess patient’s comfort, and adapt behaviour in line with this assessment
- Previous experience within a Healthcare environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to detail, ensuring accurate recording of data
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good team player
Duties of this role include:
- To provide an excellent support service for qualified physiotherapy staff, enabling them to maximise their clinical skills, expertise and productivity whilst providing physiotherapy assessment and treatment.
- To participate in aquatic service as required.
- To participate in pre-operative assessment as required.
- To participate in clinical treatment under the supervision of a Physiotherapist or Senior Physiotherapist.
- To book outpatient physiotherapy appointments, managing physiotherapy appointment system accurately and efficiently
- To book pre-op assessments for orthopaedic day cases and outpatient pre-assessments for elective surgery (THR’s/ TKR’s) which may require referral for equipment, training will be provided.
- To assist Senior Physiotherapist's with orthopaedic inpatients, rehab of patients who have undergone THR’s and TKR’s.
- To provide supervision of MSK outpatients with exercise programmes, audit completion.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.