- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension (Matched contributions up to 5%)
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Employee Assistance Programme
Schoen Clinic London is a highly specialised spine and orthopaedic hospital with leading consultants, offering rapid assessment, expert diagnosis, world class treatment and excellent outcomes. Having opened its flagship hospital in August 2018, we are now looking to expand our Orthopaedic Inpatient Physiotherapist team.
To meet service user requirements, we are actively recruiting female applicants for this role.
To provide effective and efficient orthopaedic treatment to meet needs of inpatients in line with best practice and Schoen Clinic enhanced recovery pathways.
- To be professional, legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of your own work including the management of patients in your care
- To ensure a high standard of clinical care to inpatients and outpatients (where appropriate) under your management
- To undertake comprehensive assessment of patients and to formulate effective, clinical treatment plans in line with Schoen Clinic enhanced recovery pathways
- To carry out timely assessment and treatment of your caseload of inpatients and to facilitate safe discharge home or onward referral from the hospital
- To be competent in using a wide variety of assessment techniques and skills
- To assess patients’ needs for any rehabilitative equipment and aids to improve safety and functionality within the home
- To be accountable to the Physiotherapy Manager and communicate daily through informal meetings and regular supervision/teaching sessions,
- To accept clinical responsibility for a designated caseload of patients and to organise this effectively and efficiently with regard to clinical priorities and service requirement with the support of the clinical team and Physiotherapy manager
- To participate in the weekend rota system
- To maintain and demonstrate your own clinical professional development by keeping up to date with new treatments and evidence based practice, sharing with others incorporating them into your work as necessary
- To participate in different shift patterns through the week, covering early and late shift’s along with the rest of the inpatient team
- To be able to fit and teach patients the use of specific braces and boots required post operative, both on the ward and at clinic calls.
- To work with the physiotherapy team to provide an efficient and effective service and to be involved in the proposal/development and implementation of departmental policies
- To attend departmental staff meetings regularly and any other meeting agreed with Physiotherapy Manager
- To demonstrate an understanding of Clinical Governance and Risk Management and apply it to the work environment
- To comply with organisational and departmental policies and procedures and ensure that patient treatment notes are kept to a quality in line with recommendations of the Health and Care Professional Council (HCPC) and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
- To liaise with relevant physiotherapists, medical staff nursing staff and other health care professionals who ,maybe in direct contact with the post holder with regard with patient care,
- To communicate potential and provide safe and effective discharge plans effectively with patients and carers, in order to maximise rehabilitation potential and provide safe and effective discharge plans.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- HCPC Registered (Essential)
- CSP Membership (Essential)
Orthopaedic Inpatient Experience (Essential)
Independent sector experience (Desirable)
How to apply
Please send your CV / Application to LONemail@example.com