- Permanent full/part time
- Kaitaia Hospital
Achieving the best health outcomes for Northland communities starts with expecting the best from ourselves. We ensure every member of our team has the opportunity to develop, grow and stay inspired. Here, you can make an impact on your community and on your own professional development – all whilst enjoying a flexible and healthy work-life balance.
Kaitaia is based in the far north of Te Tai Tokerau, Northland, New Zealand. We are surrounded by beautiful beaches and forests with some of the best fishing, surfing, diving and trekking in New Zealand. Local Highlights include Cape Reinga, 90 mile beach, Te Paki Sand dunes, Shipwreck Bay, Karikari Peninsula, Doubtless bay, Mangonui waterfront and North Hokianga. Explore what this stunning part of the country has to offer here: https://www.newzealand.com/nz/northland/
Learn more about Kaitaia and the community facilities available: http://www.kaitaianz.co.nz/
- Permanent full time 1.0 FTE and part time options available
- Based at Kaitaia Hospital – a rural secondary hospital at Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau https://www.northlanddhb.org.nz/
- Provide holistic Physiotherapy care across key clinical areas – inpatients, outpatients and community rehabilitation. Previous rotational experience advantageous.
- Manage a clinical caseload according to best practice standards
- Work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Registration with the Physiotherapy Board of NZ with a current APC – support can be provided
- Demonstrated client-centred practice
- Effective and compassionate communicator with a wide range of people
- An understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and a willingness to upskill in Māori/indigenous health (internal training provided)
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
- Attractive Salary with relocation allowance – Short term accommodation provided
- Flexible working arrangements to suit your skills, lifestyle, travel goals, and personal commitments
- Be a part of a dynamic, friendly and supportive multidisciplinary team
- Highly rewarding role and chance to make a difference
- Cultural and rural community experience
- Professional development opportunities
- Daily variety and clinical challenges – never get bored
This role belongs to the APEX – Te Tai Tokerau Physiotherapists Collective Employment Agreement and the salary falls between Step 1 ($59,035) and Step 17 ($118,982) per annum pro rated to hours worked.
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
For any queries regarding this position or what it’s like to live and work in Kaitaia, please contact Amber Carruthers, Acting HoD Physiotherapy on Amber.Carruthers@northlanddhb.org.nz
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First - People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect - We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring - We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication - We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence - Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation.