RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB
JOB TITLE: Physiotherapist
REPORTING LINE: First Team Doctor
LOCATIONS: The Rangers Training Centre
CONTRACT: Permanent, Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Rangers Football Club’s Medical and Sports Science Department. We are currently seeking a Physiotherapist to work primarily with the First Team Squad.
The Physiotherapist role will encompass several areas. The successful applicant will be involved in comprehensive assessment, treatment, rehabilitation of the players, as well as involvement in the Club’s prevention of injury strategies. We are looking for a person who will bring fresh ideas, enthusiasm, and energy to the role and who will demonstrate and promote the Club’s core values.
The position is full-time, based at The Training Centre, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on developing the department and driving success. Match cover, at times, will also be required which will be at Ibrox for home fixtures and some overnight travel for away fixtures.
The successful applicant will be joining a well-respected and forward-thinking Medical and Sports Science Department who promote the health and wellbeing of the playing staff. Our ethos is optimising resilience of healthy/injured athletes and minimising recovery time during rehabilitation, to maximise availability.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Ensure squad players under your care receive appropriate assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries.
- To be involved in the transition of injured players from gym-based to pitch-based activity, reflecting both the mechanical and physiological demands of the game.
- Liaise daily with the First Team Doctor and Head of Performance at the training ground to provide/establish injury and treatment strategies for players under your duty of care.
- Support and improve the delivery of profiling and injury mitigation strategies across the First Team squad.
- Contribute to the department’s commitment to research and development.
- Assist first aid and pitchside cover for training and games as required.
- Monitor and reflect upon the practices and treatment you provide to ensure continual professional development.
- Ensure all medical records are maintained and updated accordingly in line with the relevant bodies’ rules and regulations.
- Assist fellow Physiotherapy and Sports Science staff to ensure the Medical and Sports Science Department is efficient and effective across all phases.
- Adhere to Club policies with particular emphasis to safeguarding children and equality.
- Promote drug-free sport and have a working knowledge of The WADA Code.
- Offer assistance and support in gym based work with players in collaboration with sports science staff.
The essential candidate attributes include:
- HCPC registered Physiotherapist
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Minimum of four years’ experience working in a similar role within elite sport
- Current up to date Advanced Trauma Care Course e.g. ATMIFF, Sport Promote.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Relevant Masters Level Qualification in Sport and Exercise Medicine or advanced MSK.
The personal candidate attributes include:
- Critical and reflective thinker.
- Clear values and team player.
- Prepared to communicate effectively and honestly.
- Ability to lead and drive self and others.
- Adaptable behavioural style.
- Comfortable working under pressure with sound and rational decision making processes.
- Ability to build positive relationships with key stakeholders (both internally and externally).
- Invested in continuous personal development.
EQUALITY & INCLUSION:
Rangers Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
Rangers Football club also welcomes applications from suitably qualified members of the armed forces family.
The candidate must keep up to date with new methods and undertake any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
How to apply
If you can add value to our team, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS Tuesday 7th June 2022