We have an opportunity for a First Contact Physiotherapist to join the Holsworthy, Bude and surrounding villages Primary Care Network; a network of five practices across the Devon and Cornwall border.
This is a service for our Primary Care Network. Whilst keeping our individual GP surgeries and their services, we are extending and working together with nearby practices in the network to develop the healthcare services we offer to our patients.
We envisage that interviews will be held on 22nd June 2021.
Main duties of the job
You will be assessing and diagnosing patients to establish a suitable clinical pathway for the patient. You will be the first point of contact for patients with musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions who need clinical assessment, diagnosis and management; this will be instead of seeing a GP. Management would be through advice on self-management, injections or onward referral, not a course of physiotherapy with the post holder. Non-medical prescribing and experience of referral pathways preferred.
Holsworthy Bude and surrounding villages is a Primary Care Network consisting of five GP practices across North Devon and North Cornwall.
Benefits include optional access to the NHS Pension scheme.
The role is to deliver a First Contact Physiotherapist Service to patients of Holsworthy, Bude and surrounding Villages. The successful candidate will operate at an advanced level of clinical practice, with skills to assess, diagnose, treat and manage musculoskeletal (MSK) problems and undifferentiated conditions. This will involve seeing patients, without prior referral from their GP, to establish a rapid and accurate diagnosis and management plan, thus streamlining pathways of care. You will work independently in clinical practice and will not require day to day supervision.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to demonstrate working at Level 7 capability in MSK related areas of practice or equivalent (such as advanced assessment diagnosis and treatment)
- Able to demonstrate ability to operate at an advanced level of practice
- Enthusiastic and innovative
- Advanced clinical reasoning and problem solving skills
- Ability to recognise own professional limits, and knowledge of when to seek help
- Commitment to supporting patients with behaviour change and self-management.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise, self-manage and self-motivate
- Awareness and understanding of the MSK Competency Framework for FCPs
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships and networks across the MDT
- Able to respond to the demands of the service across 5 GP practices
- An understanding of funding streams to General Practice
- Experience in both core and MSK physiotherapy
- Evidence of CPD in relevant clinical and management areas
- Evidence of previous research
- Experience of working with Primary Care
- Experience in joint injections and aspiration
- Undergraduate degree in physiotherapy
- Masters Level qualification or the equivalent specialist knowledge, skills and experience
- Registered with HCPC
- May hold or be working towards a prescribing qualification, or be able to undertake study/qualifications
- Masters in physiotherapy/MACP
- Leadership qualifications
- Non-Medical Prescriber
- Clinical supervision/mentoring qualification
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
How to apply
Applications can either be made through the NHS Jobs link, or directly to Zoe Short at firstname.lastname@example.org.