- Paediatric Community Physiotherapist opportunity in a permanent role
- Supportive, friendly multidisciplinary team with great on-boarding and support
- Visa and Relocation assistance on offer!
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have the opportunity for an experienced New Zealand registered Physiotherapist to work in our dedicated and supportive Starship community team. Our team provides interdisciplinary care and cultural support to children; young people, their families and whānau living within the Auckland DHB area. This is a permanent, full or part-time position as we have flexibility on hours to work with what you’re looking for. Your office is based out of Greenlane Clinical Centre but most of the work will be within the community. The role will include:
- Work in partnership with families to support their children (aged birth to 16 years) with developmental and disability needs as part of our child development service
- Conduct visits to see children in their homes, early childhood centres and other community settings
- Work alongside your allied health, nursing and paediatric specialty colleagues using an interdisciplinary model to deliver high quality and effective whanau-centred services
- Access to on the job professional development opportunities, clinical leadership support and regular supervision
- Potential for some work from home opportunities
If you flourish in an environment where evidence-based practice, strengths in interdisciplinary practice, clinical reasoning, and decision making skills are highly valued – this may be the role for you.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal candidate for this role you will have:
- New Zealand registration as a Physiotherapist with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- A clean, full, New Zealand drivers licence
- An overriding passion for improving outcomes for children
- 2+ years of physiotherapy clinical experience preferred
- Neurodevelopmental therapy experience working with children under 2 years (advantageous)
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in an interdisciplinary bicultural environment
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisational skills
For more information about this role please contact Megan Warehouse (Locality Lead, Starship Community – Owairaka, Rangitoto, Orakei Localities) on MWaterhouse@adhb.govt.nz
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
As part of the Starship Child Health directorate, our nursing, allied health and technical staff are responsible for delivering health care services to children; young people, and whānau in their community.
We are committed to delivering whānau-centered care that focuses on the health and wellbeing of children and their whānau. Getting to know our communities, working closely with them, removing inequities and barriers to health care for priority populations, are key drivers for us each day.
We also offer:
- Visa and Relocation assistance
- Access to a pool vehicle
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Tuesday, 5 July 2022 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB14279 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
How to apply
Apply via the link and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.