As well as being an incredible place to work, Bupa also offers a significant range of benefits which include care certificate opportunities, clinical leadership development programmes, HCPC fees paid after 12 months service, health insurance, contributory pension scheme, free health assessment, discounted gym membership and childcare vouchers.
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state-of-the-art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
We are recruiting for a Lead Rehabilitation Physiotherapist to work at Bupa Cromwell Hospital, which is an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. This is a dual clinical and leadership role of the rehabilitation team which covers Neurological Rehabilitation, Oncology, Medical/Surgical and Cardiothoracic services. You will be responsible for the daily operational management and clinical leadership of the Rehabilitation team in conjunction with the Physiotherapy Lead. You will also carry a clinical caseload of patients requiring physiotherapy intervention.
- Promote a cohesive, dynamic and co-ordinated Rehabilitation Physiotherapy team and service.
- Establish and maintain efficient communication within the multi-disciplinary team (both internal and external) to ensure a holistic and complete duty of care. This includes verbal, non-verbal or written communication, both in expression and active listening, to facilitate accurate comprehension of information.
- Act as a resource of specialist advice for patients, clients and colleagues within the scope of your experience and knowledge.
- Participate in the overall day to day management and development of the Therapy Department and your area of speciality to ensure an efficient and safe service for all.
- Practise as an autonomous and accountable professional using reflective practise and clinical reasoning in undertaking specialist assessment in order to provide an individualised treatment programme for each patient.
- Provide exceptional programmes of care for the patients in your care through assessment and implementation of highly specialist treatments in order to maximise their rehabilitation outcomes.
- Communicate condition-related information to patients, relatives and carers and use appropriate methods to address barriers to communication.
- Deal sensitively and empathetically with distressing or emotional circumstances regarding patient care.
- Support Rehabilitation team members in the management of challenging clinical situations.
- Degree in physiotherapy
- HCPC Registration
- CSP Membership
- Experience in providing on-call service to Cardio/Respiratory patients
- Sound experience of working with clients with complex rehabilitation needs with Oncology or Neurological deficit
- Proven experience of leading a team
- Operational management experience in a Therapy setting
- Experience in providing supervision/mentorship to junior colleagues
- Experience of participation in audit and quality assurance activities.
- Basic Bobath training
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills
How to apply
To be part of this highly supportive and passionate team, please submit your CV or contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter at Bupa, on 07714 073450 or email@example.com for further information.