Lead Rehabilitation Physiotherapist
Cromwell Hospital, SW5 0TU
37.5 hours per week
Salary£51,357.78 plus excellent benefits
As a Clinician at Bupa our patients will be your top priority. With no shareholders, we reinvest our profits back into our business to give you the extra time and technology you need to make a difference to our patients each and everyday.
We have belief in you to do what’s right for our patients and in return we’ll support you to develop your career so you can not only grow at Bupa, but thrive.
The Lead Rehabilitation Physiotherapist role includes both clinical and leadership aspects, leading the rehabilitation team. The team covers neurological rehabilitation, oncology, medical / surgical and cardio / respiratory service. You will be responsible for the daily operational management and clinical leadership of the Rehabilitation team in conjunction with the Physiotherapy Lead. You will carry a clinical caseload as per your speciality.’
You are a highly skilled physiotherapist able to undertake all aspects of your clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner. You will provide a client-centred and evidence-based service to adult in- and outpatients in your speciality which could be Neurological Rehabilitation, Oncology or Medical Surgical. You will receive referrals from the wards, consultant, GP clinics and other external routes.
This rehabilitation service provides assessment and treatment to a caseload of patients with complex needs as listed above.
What you’ll do
- Provide exceptional programmes of care for patients through assessment and implementation of highly specialist treatments in order to maximise their rehabilitation outcomes.
- Communicate condition-related information to patients, relatives and carers and use appropriate methods to address barriers to communication.
- Deal sensitively and empathetically with distressing or emotional circumstances regarding patient care.
- Support Rehabilitation team members in the management of challenging clinical situations.
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive and timely patient treatment records and reports in line with local and national requirements for best management of the patient.
- Manage clinical risk within your caseload at all times and ensure potential clinical risk is effectively communicated and managed.
- Participate in the overall day to day management and development of the Therapy Department and your area of speciality to ensure an efficient and safe service for all.
- Participate in hospital and departmental processes that support and encourage professional and personal development of yourself and your colleagues.
What you’ll bring
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC and CSP registration
- Basic Bobath training
- Sound experience of working with clients with complex rehabilitation needs with Oncology, Medical/General Surgery or Neurological deficit
- Proven experience of leading a team
- Operational management experience in a Therapy setting
- Experience in providing supervision/mentorship to junior colleagues
- Experience in providing on-call service to Cardio/Respiratory patients
- Ability to initiate and implement change
Why Bupa? What’s in it for you?
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
These benefits have been carefully crafted to really make a difference to our people’s lives, supporting a work-life balance whilst keeping focus on mental and physical wellbeing:
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Enhanced pension and life insurance
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Discounted access to online gym sessions
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- Option to join dental insurance scheme at a discounted rate
- Access to our Digital GP platform on you mobile
- Emotional wellbeing support
- Access to family mental health line
- Financial wellbeing channels
- Support for carers
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa.
We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.
Get in touch or apply today. For a confidential chat please email Rhys.email@example.com within our Recruitment team where we can answer any questions and if interested, arrange an informal site visit.