Great lifestyle living and working in Australia
Assistance with visa and physio registration process
So, chances are if you are reading this you are a physio looking for your next career move.
It can be a big and difficult decision, and it is often even more difficult to know if you are making the right decision.
Well, let's make it a bit easier for you.
You are a physio who has loved your time in private practice - but you often wonder if there is something more. More challenge, more career progression, more reward, and more in terms of the environment in which you work.
You enjoy being busy, and solving challenging problems with your patients.
You have built a great reputation in your clinic, with plenty of repeat clients wanting to see you. You may be considering how you progress your career at this stage - perhaps doing a Masters, choosing a special area of interest, or doing some business or management training. You are not the average clinician. Oh, and you aren't afraid of business - rebooking, asking clients to come back, and helping them get better. Because that is what they want. You are mature - not a scared, junior physio.
You don't discharge patients after one session, or use language like "just see how it goes". You want the best results for your patients, and you are prepared to do whatever it takes to help them get the best results.
You realise the power of manual therapy, exercise therapy and expert advice together as your preferred modus operandi. You understand patients want to be touched, and you are good with your hands - but even better with your brain and your communication.
You are not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and working hard – 15 to 20 patients a day is an average day. You enjoy being busy, and this is why you are a high performer and well liked and respected in your current clinic.
What you are not getting at your current clinic
Don't get me wrong about this - you like your current workplace, and you won't move for just any job or a job similar to where you are now. They have helped you develop into a proficient physio, and you appreciate their help in shaping your early career.
But you are starting to feel like you have gone as far as you can go there. Kind of like climbing a mountain - you have reached the summit where you are now, and you are looking for your next challenge - a bigger mountain the climb, with more possibilities.
You have been mentored clinically and are a good physio, but you might not have much to show for it. Yes, I mean money (that taboo subject that nobody talks about. Guess what? We actually encourage you to talk about it).
You can't see the next 5 years of your career being as great as your last few years, as there is no defined career pathway. Basically, if you stay you are going to get stale. Simple as that.
At Total Physio Group in Australia, we are reshaping the health of the residents in our locations across Australa, one person at a time. Our vision is to help over 100,000 people in 2020, and we are on track so far to help 70,000 people this year in 2019. As you can probably tell, we are expanding, and opening up more clinics in more locations.
We are ideally located in large facilities. We have many treatment rooms, private airconditioned consult rooms, and a rehab gym fitted out with modern equipment.
Our team of physios, remedial massage therapists, exercise physiologists, podiatrists, and acupuncturists are experienced, and work together towards a common goal of creating the best treatment outcomes for their clients. Each physio is highly skilled in treating our average musculoskeletal client, but also has a special area of interest which includes running, crossfit, martial arts and combat sports, chronic pain/complex conditions, tennis, swimming, and gym/aquatic based rehab. We catch up weekly to discuss our most complex patients, and help each other to develop both professionally and personally.
Our admin team comprises one of the most capable and caring practice managers in the profession Australia wide.
We are the premium physiotherapy and allied health provider in our region, with a caseload of predominantly private clients who enjoy our physio, massage and acupuncture services, and are prepared to spend the necessary time, effort and money on optimising their health. This is a feature that physios who have come from other clinics often comment on - "the patients come back and they are happy to do what I recommend that they do, which is refreshing!".
With a strong, stable and loyal team of people at Total Physio Group, we participate in quarterly team events, social events, and we are an environment of high performance.
In saying this there are team members who do not fit in our team, and we make sure that we only take on people who fit what we are building here at Total Physio Group.
As a physiotherapist at Total Physio Group this is a fulltime role.
Your caseload will predominantly be 95% musculoskeletal clients, but you will have a small case load of cardio-pulmonary, stroke, and disability clients.
A special area of interest that is preferred is an interest in women’s health, as we currently do not have this option at our clinic and we want to add this service in future. If this is not your area of interest don't worry, and read on.
We treat with a combination of advice, manual and exercise therapy. If you don't believe in manual therapy, don't apply for this position.
Do not apply for this position if:
- This is your first private practice job - we only take proven high performers
- You don't believe in manual therapy - because we do (and our patients do too)
- You don't plan on staying in this job less than 2 years
- You are a "lone wolf" - team players only
- You want to coast or cruise in your job - that is not how we do things here
- You want to be paid a fortune without justifying why you are worth it - none of us started on massive salaries, why should you?
- You think that asking patients to come back for more treatment is greedy or unethical
- You believe you can get your patients better in one session - physios like David Butler and Peter O'Sullivan can't - so how can you?
- You don't want to help to market your services and you believe marketing is bad/evil
You are an ideal fit in our clinic if you have the following personal qualities:
- Stable in personality
- Old fashioned values
- Not afraid of hard work
- Always thinking and doing one step ahead
- A high level of empathy and emotional intelligence
- A low tolerance for bullshit, fakery, bullying and games
- The ability to take feedback as a way to improve rather than personal criticism
- A burning desire to live a great life and be the best you can be
- You may have overcome one or multiple significant life challenges in your life to date, and I personally consider this to be a rare quality - resilience
- You do not wilt when life gets hard - you step up
- You love living in Australia
So what do you get?
- A starting salary package closer to $70,000 per year
- Which grows (based on your performance) with our bonus structure to potentially $100,000 within your FIRST year
- This is based on a base salary, plus our bonus structure
- 3 yearly long term incentive bonus payments - get paid to stay in your job? Unheard of!
- One of the industry's most thorough professional development programs - face to face and online training to make sure you get up to speed in your new job, and this lasts for 2 years! Not just the first week
- The potential to have the lifestyle you have never been able to have - high salary and good hours? I promise you it can be done (because all of our physios already do it)
- Our physios love their jobs - working normal hours, earning great salaries, in a supportive environment, treating their ideal clients, and growing as physios but more importantly as people. All while having family time, taking dream holidays, buying houses and doing things they only dreamed about before they started at Total Physio Group.
So I take it you have worked out that we don't want just anyone for this position.
We also have not defined timeframe for hiring you - we can take you on at any time, this is the beauty of this position - we simply want the right person, and we will create a position for you.
The next step is for you to determine whether you think you are the right person, and you would like to have a no obligation phone chat with me (Shayne Podbury) to ask me any questions about the position and our clinic that you would like to ask - and there is no question I will not answer.
We can assist with the visa process, as well as Australian Physiotherapy Registration.
Check out our clinic at https://totalphysiogroup.com.au
and more info on one of our clinics can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPv4iQnyx7Q
Please send a cover letter and resume to me at the email address below, we can then arrange a time to have a confidential discussion about the role.
Thank you so much and I look forward to speaking to you,
Total Physio Group
How to apply
Please send me an email with cover letter and resume to:
The next stage is to arrange a skype interview to further discuss the role.