Salary: Band 8c - £70,417 - £81,138 per annum
This is a career-defining opportunity in England’s largest NHS Trust to take responsibility for the success of Adult AHP Outpatient services across our hospital sites. We are recruiting to the newly created role of Directorate Manager for AHP Outpatients (OPTs).
As a compassionate and collaborative leader, you’ll provide senior operational, professional, and strategic leadership for staff across the following professional groups: Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Dietetics, Speech & Language Therapy, Audiology and Orthotics. This includes responsibility for AHP Outpatient services based at acute sites but also some community-based services. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the impact that AHPs deliver to lead our OPT services.
The time couldn’t be better to join our team as we implemented our new Electronic Patient Record - HIVE (EPIC) in September 2022, and with your leadership, we are ready to take the transformational, innovative approach that this opportunity brings. We can generate data insights that we’ve never had access to before and create processes and pathways that help guarantee the best level of care for our patients, wherever they live.
You’ll be part of our AHP senior leadership team, providing a great opportunity to influence future change and lead Trust wide projects. You’ll uphold MFT’s values and behaviours and be supported to be your best, with a comprehensive induction and development plan.
Main duties of the job
- Using your experience of managing AHP OPT Services, your leadership responsibilities will be broad including performance, quality, and governance.
- As a leader who effectively implements change, you’ll deliver and support service reviews and transformation, with a particular focus on digital opportunities.
- You’ll work in collaboration with the AHP senior leadership team and CSS executive team, developing fantastic working relationships.
- Has a budget holder, you’ll develop effective and affordable action plans.
- You`ll have the ability to interpret performance data and financial information underpinned by good numerical skills.
- You’ll use your negotiation and influencing skills to raise the profile of AHP OPT Services.
- You’ll role model compassionate leadership, driving effective management and education practices across your services, so that staff are engaged, developed, and supported.
- With the capacity to manage complaints, you’ll make evidence-based decisions in complex situations and bring a transparent leadership style.
- You`ll develop and drive AHP Outpatient strategy, innovation, and quality improvement. Transforming services in line with best practice.
- You`ll ensure services are patient focused, collaborating with stakeholders and external agencies.
- Lastly, you’ll have a tenacious and resilient approach, to cope with the day-to-day operational demands of running high value AHP services.
Working for our organisation
MFT is England’s largest NHS Trust with a turnover of £2.6bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We’re creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you’ll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We’ve also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research, and innovation through the introduction of Hive; our Electronic Patient Record system which launched in September 2022.
We’re proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What’s more, we’re excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.
At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open, and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.