Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Park Hospital in Nottingham has a vacancy for a Clinical Specialist - Pelvic Health to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Knowledge of CSP and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management.
- Advanced training/recognised qualifications in specialist area.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- Provide specialist physiotherapy assessment and treatment for patients with pelvic conditions including but not limited to patients with pelvic pain, bladder and bowel issues. Care will be provided within outpatient, inpatient, pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Provide physiotherapy assessment and treatment for general outpatients as necessary.
- Make an active contribution to the marketing, promotion and development of the Pelvic Health service within the hospital, working closely with the regional marketing team, consultants and GP referrers.
- To ensure the department maintains BMI Physiotherapy accreditation.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.