BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Highfield Hospital in Rochdale has a vacancy for a Clinical Specialist - Hand Therapy to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Chartered Physiotherapist/State Registered Occupational Therapist with extensive postgraduate hand therapy experience with a proven track record of clinical expertise within this specialist area.
- This experience must include; working with post-operative orthopaedic hand procedures, orthopaedics, plastics, rheumatology, trauma, management of acquired conditions and skills in appropriate manual therapies, splinting, hand and wrist assessment and evidence based treatment techniques.
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options.
- Hold strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively.
- BAHT accredited training in finger.
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)/Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT)
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Knowledge of CSP/RCOT and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
Provide specialist assessment and treatment (hand therapy) for outpatients, inpatients, pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate
Duties of this role include:
- Provide specialist assessment and treatment (hand therapy) for outpatients, inpatients, pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate.
- Depending on training, this might include hand and wrist only, hand, wrist and elbow or whole upper limb. For the purposes of this role description, hand and wrist will be used
- Provide assessment and treatment for all hand and wrist conditions.
- Engage with the Upper Limb Services Manager for clinical support, organisation of peer review, specialist CPD and national operational processes and marketing.
- Make an active contribution to the marketing, promotion and development of the hand therapy service within the hospital, working closely with the local and regional marketing team, consultants and GP referrers.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks as guided on the Upper Limb Services shared drive.
- To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally.
- To ensure the department maintains BMI physiotherapy accreditation through internal audit.
- To undertake other duties delegated by the Clinical Services Manager – Physiotherapy and to deputise as required.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.