Nuffield Health is Britain’s largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation. Join us as a Bank Physiotherapist in our CQC Outstanding Hospital in Cambridge and play your part in building a healthier nation.
This role is to join our physiotherapy bank, providing cover for our inpatient ward. You will have regular weekend work (one or two weekends a month depending on your schedule) and will provide cover during the week when permanent staff are on annual leave or absent.
You will see a range of post-operative patients - predominantly elective orthopaedics – and will play a key role in helping our patients achieve, maintain and recover to the level of health and wellbeing that they aspire to. You may also be required to provide treatment to respiratory and oncology patients.
You will work within a multidisciplinary team including nurses, AHPs and consultants in order to optimise the health and recovery of our patients.
As a Physiotherapist you will:
- Deliver excellent clinical care that is evidence-based, Safe, Effective, Caring, Well-led and responsive to our patients’ needs.
- Be compliant with all professional, clinical and integrated governance standards and participate in clinical audit and other quality assurance processes to ensure on-going monitoring of the standards of treatment provided
- Adhere to our values and beliefs at Nuffield Health, in which we encourage enterprising, passionate, independent and caring behaviours.
To succeed as a Physiotherapist within Nuffield Health you will:
- Have a BSc in Physiotherapy or equivalent, you will be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists
- Demonstrate evidence of further professional training and continual professional development, reflecting your desire to develop as a practitioner.
- Be a confident communicator with the ability to engage effectively with the general public and other healthcare professionals.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent clinical reasoning skills.
- Be a competent and confident IT user with strong organisation skills
- Have the ability to prioritise and deal with your workload in an effective and timely manner.
- It is equally important that you share our values. We believe in putting people first and providing personalised, holistic healthcare, and working together to create a healthier future for each individual client.
- Free parking is available on-site for staff.
- Subsidised gym membership is available for bank staff.
- Access to departmental in-service training and online training/webinars
Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital has a 31 room inpatient unit, plus 6 rooms for oncology patients The inpatient physiotherapist caseload consists of mostly elective orthopaedics, some oncology, and paediatric scoliosis correction patients.
We are proud to have achieved a CQC rating of Outstanding in 2016.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
Salary - £17- £19 per hour, depending on experience
Closing date – 08/01/2020
Location - Cambridge Hospital
Bank contract, various hours
Weekly Hours - Variable - at least one weekend per month plus annual leave cover Monday-Friday
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.