Nuffield Health is Britain’s largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation. Join us as a Physiotherapist in our North Staffordshire Hospital and play your part in building a healthier nation.
Nuffield Health North Staffs Hospital
At the Nuffield Health North Staffordshire Hospital we're recognised for our expert clinical care, expertise and friendly atmosphere. Our excellent teamwork and commitment to training has created an innovative clinical environment. Our purpose-build hospital has 39 bedrooms, 3 theatres and 1 minor treatment facility and busy outpatient department. We also provide physiotherapy, pathology, CT, MRI and diagnostic imaging services. We're conveniently located on Clayton Road, off the A519. We also provide free parking for staff.
Find out more about our hospital-
You will see a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions and post operative cases, playing a key role in helping our patients achieve, maintain and recover to the level of health and wellbeing that they aspire to.
Covering the Inpatient workload, you will work within a multidisciplinary team including nurses, AHPS and consultants in order to optimise the health and recovery of our patients.
The hospital is brilliantly placed to support and mentor the successful candidate for this role, alongside our academy training programmes. As a Physiotherapist you will;
- Deliver high quality, effective clinical care.
- Adhere to our values and beliefs at Nuffield Health, in which we encourage behaviour which is enterprising, passionate, independent and caring.
- Deliver excellent clinical care that is evidence based, Safe, Effective, Caring, Well-led and responsive to our patient’s needs.
- Ensure on-going monitoring of the standard of treatment provided
- Be compliant with all professional, clinical and integrated governance standards and participate in clinical audit and other quality assurance processes
To succeed as a Physiotherapist you will;
- Have a BSc in Physiotherapy or equivalent, you’ll be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- Demonstrate evidence of further professional training and continual professional development, reflecting your desire to develop as a practitioner.
- Be a confident communicator with the ability to engage effectively with the general public and other healthcare professionals.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent manual therapy skills.
- Be a competent and confident IT user with strong organisation skills
- Have the ability to prioritise and deal with your varied workload in an effective and timely manner.
It’s equally important that you share our values. We believe in putting people first and providing personalised, holistic healthcare. That makes you part of a much wider team, working to create a healthier future for each individual client.
- Holiday in line with the Working Time Directive.
- Access to our Pension Scheme.
- Discounted gym membership at £15.00 a month that they need to set up directly with the club. Discount does not extend to partners and family members.
We believe in our people and to help you develop your skills and progress your career in Nuffield Health
- You will be supported by your regional clinical lead
- Have protected CPD time, access to a local in-service training program and training events organised by the Nuffield Health Academy including both clinical and leadership courses.
- There will also been mentoring support within the department from Senior Physiotherapists and support with career development.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
Salary - Up to £17.54 per hour (dependent on experience)
Closing Date - 29/09/2021
Location - Newcastle Under Lyme
Contract Type - Bank
Working on the bank means you are not contracted to a set number of hours per week, but instead work on an ad-hoc basis to suit the needs of the business and your availability.
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.