Band 6 Physiotherapist
AFC 20/21 full terms and conditions & NHS Pension
Wigmore Lane Health Centre, Luton
£30,365 - £33,176 FTE
Full and part time hours available
Are you a passionate & motivated Physiotherapist looking to join an organisation that is dedicated to clinical excellence whilst ensuring our staff members feel valued each and every day?
As a Band 6 Physiotherapist your days will be rewarding and varied, you will work closely with our Physiotherapy Team Lead and Extended Scope Practitioners to deliver high quality, individualised, evidence-based care to all patients. You will maintain accurate records in line with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy standards, maintaining confidentiality, privacy and dignity of patients and share your experience and knowledge with other team members. You will care for patients and their families in the way that you believe is best, delivering our high service standards, sharing best practice, and actively improving the way we work.
You will be an HCPC registered Physiotherapist with previous experience of musculoskeletal physiotherapy as a Band 5. You will be a pro-active learner and you will be supported in your development in this field. You will have strong communication and organisation skills, and a flexible approach will ensure you deliver positive experiences to patients at every stage of their healthcare journey.
You will feel valued as a Physiotherapist with Virgin Care, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits
- AfC 20/21 salary and terms and conditions– including an NHS pension.
- Flexible working to provide you with that true work / life balance.
- Access to our Strive for Better networks, a national support and professional network made up of NHS professionals like you, giving you the chance to constantly develop industry-leading care and quality.
- Access to Virgin Tribe - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all Virgin products including flights, holidays, gyms and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways.
- Feel the difference fund – a fund which brings ‘Feel the difference’ to life, giving every employee a chance to have their thoughts and ideas heard.
- Access to MyWellness – a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges.
- Access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters.
- Access to bespoke career pathways and opportunities to continue your professional development.
Feel the Difference
Virgin Care partner with the NHS and local authorities, providing high quality care for more than 1 million people each year up and down the country. We are an ambitious, forward thinking and passionate company who strive to make a real difference to people and our colleagues. We re-invest all of the money we earn to improve the experience, deliver ambitious transformations and empower all of our colleagues to make the changes, no matter how big or small, that make a real difference.
So why not click apply to find out where your journey with Virgin Care can take you! If you’d like to discuss the role further, please contact Rupali Soni via email: email@example.com
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
Virgin Care is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV to Samantha Hamilton at Samantha.Hamilton@virgincare.co.uk