Here you will find resources for CSP workplace reps to help you in your role during the COVID-19 crisis. We will keep this regularly updated. Don't forget to also use your iCSP and WhatsApp networks to keep up to date
CSP guidance for reps on virtual investigations and hearings during COVID-19 (AS14) – This guidance is only relevant during the COVID-19 situation. At all other times we would expect the trust/health board/employer policies to be adhered to
How to Respond to Proposed Changes to Working Patterns during COVID-19 Pandemic (advice for stewards and safety Reps: AS12) – Covers consultation, temporary nature of changes, reasonable adjustments, terms and conditions including remuneration.
I Have Just Been Elected, What Should I Do? (advice for stewards and safety reps during COVID-19: AS13) – Support and online training, sharing the work in the CSP workplace team, working with your managers, working with other unions in your workplace, workplace wins.
CSP Reps COVID-19 briefing (AS10) – Key info and signposting to resources to help you at this time, including: keeping in touch with members, ongoing casework/negotiation, dealing with managers, health and safety, sharing the work in the CSP workplace team, working with other unions in your workplace and looking after yourself, including your mental health.
- Digital organising briefing (AS11) – How to remain an active rep during the COVID-19 lockdown, with tips and signposting for virtual meetings, chat/messaging apps, task management, teamwork, surveys, posters, infographics and so on.
- eBites for Workplace Contacts, the Workplace Team and new Stewards and Safety Reps – an important online training resources to support workplace reps, including modules to bring new reps (who may not have attended induction training as yet) up to speed in the role.
- Role of safety rep during COVID-19 – e-poster.
- More info on the steward, safety rep and workplace contact roles.
Partnership and employer guidance
- Updated England Social Partnership Forum (SPF) statement on industrial relations during the pandemic, effective 1 July 2020 – unions, employers and the department of health and social care in England have updated the 1 April statement, setting out aims to provide practical support on how NHS employers and unions in England work in partnership at a local and ICS level during the next phases of COVID-19. The partners recognise that the situation remains uncertain and will therefore review these temporary provisions by Wednesday 30 September 2020.
- Terms and conditions during COVID-19 FAQs – from DHSC/NHS employers, this is continually updated.
- Overtime during COVID-19 – NHS guidance on overtime payments. Plus a toolkit for staff side reps to use locally in negotiations.
- A poster for the promotion of NHS virtual common rooms, which are designed as an opportunity for our NHS people to come together virtually to help to support each other during these difficult times.
Leading compassionately during COVID-19: info on an online resource – Leadership Support Circle is a series of short, themed online sessions based on 10 behaviours for leading compassionately during COVID-19.
- ACAS coronavirus advice for employers and employees – how employers can protect the health and safety of everyone during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. See also ACAS coronavirus webinars for employers and ACAS' Live Twitter Q&A session every Friday at 10.30am.
- Guidance for trade union reps, from the TUC – designed to give you an understanding of the workplace issues in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, and to provide support in being effective at negotiating with employers steps that can be taken to best protect the health and safety of the workforce.