The new campaign is designed to equip healthcare professionals with the skills, knowledge and resources to encourage their patients to strengthen.
Stronger My Way has been built using the findings from an 18-month insight project with physiotherapy staff and people with lived experience and co-produced in partnership with patients and professionals.
Visit the Stronger My Way hub and promote it on social media using #StrongerMyWay
The campaign, which is supported by National Lottery funding distributed by Sport England, is built around a hub on the CSP website with two entry points – one for the public and one for professionals.
On the professionals’ side, CSP members can access:
- The evidence for strengthening and how to discuss it with patients
- Signposting to the best training for behaviour change, motivational interviewing, health coaching and shared decision-making
- Resources, such as videos and a goal-setting planner, to support your conversations with patients
- Guides and case studies on understanding health inequities and delivering cultural competent services.
On the public side, people living with long-term conditions can access:
- Introductory videos to get started with strengthening
- Articles delivering reassurance and advice that it is safe and beneficial for quality of life
- Relatable case studies of others who have benefited from getting stronger their way.
- Resources to help them track their progress and fit strengthening into their daily lives.
CSP chair of council Alex MacKenzie is urging all members to make full use of the campaign. She said: ‘Stronger My Way comes at such an important time and offers something for everyone in terms of the knowledge you can gain, the skills you can develop and the easy ways it offers to push the strengthening message.
‘I’m really proud that we’ve created this campaign and believe it can make a real difference to the quality of life for so many people living with a long-term condition.
I would encourage all members to join in and use the campaign to improve patient outcomes, gain CPD and promote the profession
Sign up to receive campaign updates (you will be prompted to log in and tick the ‘Stronger My Way’ box under ‘Get involved’)
Find Out More
Number of subscribers: 5