The CSP East Midlands & East of England Regional Networks hosted a successful webinar on practice-based learning in March 2021.
The webinar featured a rounded agenda with a selection of rapid presentations on placement solutions including:
- Tamsin Baird, CSP Professional Advisor, sharing an overview of the Common Placement Assessment Form (CPAF), which has been designed to provide a consistent and standardised approach to assessing students irrespective of the university or the placement setting and environment
- Sarah Luckraft from University Hospitals of Leicester and Charlotte Carter-Lang from the University of Leicester sharing information on their 4:1 Respiratory placement within a specialist cardiac and respiratory admissions unit at Leicester Glenfield Hospital
- Dean Jeffreys, Online Programmes and Project Manager, from MS-UK sharing how this national charity worked with the University of Essex to offer a community based placements in a non-traditional clinical setting progressing to remote placements due to the impact of the pandemic
- Dr Linzy Houchen-Wolloff, Senior Research Associate within the Centre for Exercise and Rehabilitation Science (CERS) and Therapy Research Lead at University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, sharing information about practice based learning placements with time shared between the Trust’s Pulmonary Rehabilitation clinical service and the associated Centre for Exercise and Rehabilitation Science (CERS) Research Team. Students provided rehabilitation to patients with chronic lung disease and multifactorial breathlessness and worked on a research project using data that was collected from clinical practice
- Dr Kelly Walker, BSc Physiotherapy Course Director, University of East Anglia sharing an innovative six week virtual placement with a focus on telehealth skills
- Dr Alison Cowley AHP Clinical Academic Lead and Physiotherapist, Research Physiotherapist PrAISED Study, Practice Development Lead Research and Innovation (Institute of Care Excellence) talking about how to run clinical academic research placements for undergraduate physiotherapy students (both virtual and face-to-face).
Please share this link with colleagues and contacts so others can benefit from the innovative solutions shared during the webinar.
Finally, if you are based in the East Midlands or East of England and would like to be part of small working groups focused on practice based learning locally please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved in future plans.
Number of subscribers: 1