Physiotherapy UK is the must-see event in the physiotherapy calendar with over 1,000 delegates attending from all areas of the profession and the UK. Taking place over two days, it provides an exciting mix of presentations and workshops grouped around key themes.
Whether you attend as a delegate, a volunteer or submit a poster, the knowledge and skills you will receive over the two days will be unprecedented. Make the most of your member benefits and come along!
Conference dates: 5-6 November 2021
Venue: Virbela virtual platform
The four themes of Physiotherapy UK 2021 are:
- Evolving practice
- Transforming provision
- The rehab challenge
- Digital transformation
Read more about the themes at physiotherapyuk.org.uk
As a CSP student member you will receive the discounted delegate price of £49. Book at physiotherapyuk.org.uk
The two days are jam-packed and will go fast! Make sure you are organised and prepared before the day. To do this:
- set yourself personal objectives
- check the programme and make yourself a plan (download the app once available)
- choose which focused symposia and workshop sessions you want to attend
- look beyond the session title. Something that doesn’t sound particularly relevant could turn out to be a personal highlight of the conference
- After attending, make sure you reflect on your experience and save it to your ePortfolio.
Read more in the article ‘Learning from your conference experience’ (Frontline, April 2020).
Would you like to play a vital role at Physiotherapy UK as a student volunteer? In November 2020, over 70 students assisted hundreds of members to get the most out of their time (read more about the volunteers' experience). We are now looking for a new team of volunteers to support the conference in November 2021.
At this year's virtual conference, volunteer roles will include:
- greeting delegates at the welcome area
- assisting delegates to navigate and use the functions
- supporting speakers and delegates at networking sessions
- helping to record sessions.
To volunteer you will need to:
- be available for half a day on either Friday 5 or Saturday 6 November
- attend a 1.5-hour virtual training session in October
- meet the hardware and software requirements
- be a CSP student (or associate student) member
- still be a student (and not graduated) in November 2021.
In exchange for a half-day of volunteering you will receive:
- free entry to the rest of the conference
- access to CPD
- networking opportunities
- certificate of volunteering.
To express your interest in volunteering, complete our online form.
Please note that places are limited - only sign up if you are able to attend at least one of the November dates.
Every year, the CSP invites programme leads from Higher Education Institutes to submit abstracts based on the work of final year pre-registration physio students. For 2021, we welcome abstracts from students who are due to graduate in 2021 and those who graduated in the winter of 2020.
Abstracts must be based on students' final year research study, relate to one of the conference themes and be submitted via the university for consideration. Each university course can put forward one student.
The winning student author (or lead author, in the case of group submissions) will receive £300. The second-placed lead author will receive £200.
The call for abstracts is now open until 5pm on 29 July 2021. Read the guidance and access the submission form.
- University of Southampton graduate Hayley Payne reflects on presenting her winning student poster at vPUK (Frontline, Jan 2021)
- CPD: PTUK and the art of abstracts (Fronline, Feb 2018)
- Find past abstracts presented at Physiotherapy UK on the Innovations database (search "Physiotherapy UK").
Thank you to James Hallam, this year's sponsors of the student poster awards.