Find out how you can engage and contribute to the work of the CSP LGBTQIA+ network or support us as an ally
The CSP LGBTQIA+ network welcomes new and existing CSP members (including students and associates) to engage in any or all of the ways which suit their needs. Membership is on the basis of self-identification and is confidential.
If you are an ally to the network take a look at the work in solidarity page which outlines the ways you can actively support.
Reasons to join the network
- You need peer-to-peer support
- You want to feel more connected to colleagues in the LGBTQIA+ community
- You want to keep up to date with topics relevant to the LGBTQIA+ community
- You want to be a champion for the LGBTQIA+ community
Join the LGBTQIA+ network
Whatever your skills or available time, there are several ways you can get involved with the CSP LGBTQIA+ network – both publicly and in our private groups.
To join any of the private groups or become part of the committee, you must first apply to join the network (this adds you to the iCSP group mentioned below).
If you have an employment issue relating to your sexuality and/or gender please contact your workplace rep in the first instance.
You can find their details using the Find my rep tool. Please note, the tool is only effective if your employer and workplace details are up to date.
Follow us or get in touch
We have several channels for communicating with members:
- Email the network (open to all)
- Follow the network on X (formerly Twitter) (public)
- Find the network on Instagram (public)
- Connect with the network on Facebook (public). Request to join the private Facebook group.
- Join the LGBTQIA+ network iCSP forum (private)
- LGBTQIA+ network WhatsApp group (private). To request to be added please email Gill Feldman
We maintain these network channels as safe spaces, in which we expect all members to respect and maintain others’ privacy.
LGBTQIA+ network volunteer opportunities
Take a look at the committee roles in the network.
If you are interested in getting involved and helping to shape the LGBTQIA+ network and physiotherapy profession, please email the network to find out more about the opportunities available.