This course introduces you to a basic understanding of the principles of pharmacology and pharmacological management of pain.
Current topics of pharmacological management will be explored and new directions in management are discussed and debated. The course is fully online and runs for five weeks.
For further information and to book a place on the course please follow the link:
This course aims to provide you with an opportunity to:
- Understand the physicochemical properties of drugs as a force in understanding their potency as well as their passage around the body
- Understand the concepts of the dose-response relationship as an underlying tenet of pharmacology
- Develop an understanding of pharmacokinetics
- Understand new directions in pharmacological management
When you have completed this course you are expected to be better able to:
- Appreciate the contribution of pharmacology to the pain experience and its management
- Discuss key concepts/details of the pharmacological mechanisms based on the latest available research evidence
- Begin to integrate a pharmacological input to the biopsychosocial approach to pain management